[not a bug].txt file troubles

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

[not a bug].txt file troubles

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Well, here's how it goes. I was happily working with RTC editor trying to make clothes carry an item. I was having difficulting placing the item in the clothes (necklace) the char was wearing. It did not work unfortunately, but for some reason I lost all my characters except the ones in the party. I figured it's just a glitch or something. I deleted that directory with RTC45, and copied my working version over to the same directory with my old config txt and module txt files. For some unknown blasted reason, I can't load my dungeon.txt file. Not with any of my RTC directories, even the untouched one won't run my untouched dungeon.txt that sits on my other hard drive. However it will run any of the other txt files. i can load my txt file up in the editor and it gets NO errors, but if I try and COMPILE it, I get a big critical error, can't open file message. Now this is happening to all my dungeon.txt files in all copies in all directories on all drives. Everything else (all other txt files) works fine except my dungeon.txt. I ran a complete check for viruses and found none. I don't know what I did to cause RTC to do this. I can't figure out how it affected all my dungeon.txt files, I have many copies of it just in case something stupid like what just happens happened, but even my backups won't work. Can some very nice person shed some light as to what I screwed up, if I did screw up, and how to fix it. I wan't to get back to building my dungeon, :cry:
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

nutz, forget this post. i did a cold boot on my computer and it fixed my troubles :oops: , computers frustrate the hell out of me :roll: back to making that necklace carry items
keep your gor coin handy