[Fixed for V0.47] RTC Editor - Sound problems

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ralendil
Novice

[Fixed for V0.47] RTC Editor - Sound problems

Post by Ralendil »

Regullary the Data folder of RTC is set as Read only.
When it happens the editor can't read the sounds of this folder. You can fix it by removing the read only attribute, but it keeps coming back.

I have not identified when it happens, but it happens really often (exemple, I have removed yesterday the attribute, I see it again today)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, I get this a lot too -- but it's nothing to do with the read only attribute of a folder, because windows shows folders as read only even when they are not!

I've not identified what exactly the problem is. RTC Editor does complain and won't play a sound file if it thinks the folder is read only, but if you exit the editor and reload it, the sounds are OK again. It's very strange....
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

I've changed the way that RTC loads sounds so that it avoids the scenario that causes this error - Hopefully this is now fixed for V0.47
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Out of interest, what is 'the scenario'?
Ralendil
Novice

Post by Ralendil »

George Gilbert wrote:I've changed the way that RTC loads sounds so that it avoids the scenario that causes this error - Hopefully this is now fixed for V0.47
Thank you :)