Editor: Add computed load figure

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Editor: Add computed load figure

Post by Gambit37 »

There's nowhere in the editor that shows you what a champion's computed load allowance is. Could you add a field in there to show it please?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Where exactly would it go...? :shock:

That screen is absolutely crammed full of data already!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

George Gilbert wrote:That screen is absolutely crammed full of data already!
I agree, but the space could be much better utilised, a lot of it is wasted on over large fields. I'd be happy to redesign that screen if it helps?

It's tricky creating balanced characters without knowing how much they can lift, and having to load up the game with some test characters just to find out their load -- and then go through through rounds of tweaks doesn't seem very sensible.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Actually, you don't need to redesign that screen. Just make the labels for Stam, health and mana shorter and whack the load box to the right of Mana. There's no reason why these fields need to line up with the ones below.

Loads of space there! :D

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I thought you could have tied it to beside their strength so you could see it being affected as you altered it?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

But is it ONLY based on the Strength value? I thought it was more complex than that?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Well, original DM had the in game tiredness alteration to your weight, and items could affect it, but the basic load came from strength alone I always thought
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Gambit37 wrote:But is it ONLY based on the Strength value? I thought it was more complex than that?
No idea what DM does, but in RTC in-game it's alot more complex (various multipliers based on items carried (e.g. Elven Boots), %age stamina, location of any injuries etc).

Having said that, from the point of view of designing a character (i.e. the character at start of the game, with no items, no injuries, full % stats etc), the only base stat that matters is strength - IIRC the forumla is 10kg + 80% of the strength value.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, that's what it was with DM - there were complex in game changes (i'm sure there was an adreneline boost, that should have been fatigue, after combat), but a starting character it was just strength
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I noticed that in 0.47, nothing was changed regarding this issue but the thread was moved to the archive suggesting it's been fixed?

If it's not going to be added, is 10kg + 80%STR confirmed as the correct calculation? Rounding up or down?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

10kg + 80%STR is definitely the calculation that RTC uses.

Whether it's "right" or not is another matter altogether... :wink: