RTC DM

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
fritz
Neophyte

RTC DM

Post by fritz »

Hi,
A switch on level 11(or12?) with the spiders, is not working. I am unable to get to the area with the 3 gates which open to the spiders. I was there once but now the open-able wall stays closed, although spiders seam to get through. Is there a way to get the switch working properly or to get through the wall?
Thanks.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: RTC DM

Post by Gambit37 »

Hmmm. That sounds like a dungeon bug. Have you looked at that area in the RTC editor -- is the switch set to Toggle and has a repeatable action or does it Disable Self?

The area's not essential for completing the game though. It's just "extras".

Welcome to the forums, by the way! :-)
fritz
Neophyte

Post by fritz »

Thanks for all that. Never used the editor could you give me some pointers as to how to get started etc. thanks!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Just load RTCeditor.exe in your RTC folder, then browse to your Modules folder to open the TXT file for a supplied dungeon. Once it's open, you can see how it all works... Learn by experimenting, it's the best way...

Welcome to a whole new world! :)
fritz
Neophyte

Post by fritz »

Thanks, whilst awaiting you reply I did just that but,the changes do not seem to effect the save games. Do I need to apply it to them in some way.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

No, you can't change a saved game unfortunately. Did you see if the trigger for that wall has a bug? If it did, and you've corrected it and saved it, it will only show up once you compile the new RTC file from that TXT file -- so you'd have to play the entire dungeon again...
fritz
Neophyte

Post by fritz »

Thanks again I'm sorry to hear that. Yes I did find a bug, although the switch was set to toggle it was also set to disable self. I re downloaded rtc and the bug was not there! I know it's not essential is there a cheat to get through the wall please?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

None I'm afraid, no one has cracked the .sv file so you can't alter it

All you could do is edit a new game to give you the same same characters and possessions, and teleport you to the same position
fritz
Neophyte

Post by fritz »

Do you mind if I ask an unrelated question? Whilst trawling the forum I read somewhere, I can't find it again, that shields have no effect! Is this correct? Is it not worth while having one?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

It's this thread here - http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 28&t=28014
And yes, I would say that it more or less is correct - keep a hand free for something that you actually can use properly, like a flask :).
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

fritz wrote:I re downloaded rtc and the bug was not there! I know it's not essential is there a cheat to get through the wall please?
Sounds like you were using a much earlier version of RTC?