It contains source code (C language and a few parts in assembly) for all executable code on the game disk of all known Atari ST versions:
- Dungeon Master for Atari ST 1.0a English (no version visible in dialog boxes)
- Dungeon Master for Atari ST 1.0b English (version '1.0' visible in dialog boxes)
- Dungeon Master for Atari ST 1.1 English
- Dungeon Master for Atari ST 1.2 English
- Dungeon Master for Atari ST 1.2 German
- Dungeon Master for Atari ST 1.3a French (version 1.3 visible in dialog boxes)
- Dungeon Master for Atari ST 1.3b French (variant, version 1.3 also visible in dialog boxes)
- Chaos Strikes Back for Atari ST 2.0 English
- Chaos Strikes Back for Atari ST 2.1 English
The source code is as accurate as possible: once compiled with the Megamax C compiler version 1.1 (also supplied in the package) it generates machine code nearly identical to the one in the original games. All the differences come from the fact that I used a different version of the compiler than the one FTL used and not because the source code is 'wrong'. If I can get my hands on version 1.2 of the Megamax C compiler, I'm pretty sure the source code will be proved to be 'perfect' by generating executables strictly identical to the originals.
The source code contains:
- Meaningful and consistent names for all functions and their parameters, global and local variables, constants and macros.
- Conditional compilation directives allowing compilation of each version from the same source code. They also provide easy identification of the differences between versions
- Conditional compilation directives allowing compilation without the copy protection. They also provide easy identification of all code related to the copy protection
The package does not contain as much documentation as I would like because it is very time consuming to write accurate documentation, but you will find the list of all known bugs and all changes between versions as well as a detailed description of the copy protection, and some more.
Download the package, and check the readme in the DOC folder for more information.
Previous release: http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/ReDMCSB_Release1.7z