Making Custom Items- .gif Editor?

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Milna
Novice

Making Custom Items- .gif Editor?

Post by Milna »

Hey people.

I'm trying to make some custom items using some of the item graphics from the DM encyclopedia. The problem I'm running into is that the picture files from the encyclopedia are about half the size they would need to be. I'm using mspaint and I can resize them, but it adds a brown background that just looks ugly.

I'm also trying to find a way to swap pallete colors (turing the purple sar robes into blue, for instance) without having to manually go in and change each pixel one at a time... I'd like to just open up a pallete of colors that are used in the picture and change all the purples to blues.

Does anyone know a good .gif editor that will allow me to do these things?

Thanks!

- Milna
When you fall in a bottomless pit, you die of starvation...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

paintshop pro is the one I use and is quite good - you must be able to get the old versions from somewhere for next to nothing

I've palette swapped inverted CSB colours using it, so it works nicely
Milna
Novice

Post by Milna »

Thanks! I'll see if I can find it!

I have to say- the amount of help I've gotten so far on this message board has been excellent. I figured with such an old and obscure game that I would be waiting weeks for some responses. Fantastic.
When you fall in a bottomless pit, you die of starvation...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Milna wrote:such an old and obscure game
Old maybe, but DM could never be classed as obscure!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, some of us are sadly still dedecated after all this time and hang about to help. As long as you benefit! Welcome to the forums and good luck with your endevours!

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”