Using DMute to edit Conflux III character stats

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
isamuu
Journeyman

Using DMute to edit Conflux III character stats

Post by isamuu »

Hey guys. Can someone tell me how I can go about editing my characters from Conflux III or any CSBWin dungeon using DMute? I tried to load my dungeon.dat, csbgame.dat, and csbgame2.dat files into DMute but I get an error saying "Not a recognized saved game file" and then DMute crashes. Any ideas?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Using DMute to edit Conflux III character stats

Post by Gambit37 »

You can't use DMute, that only works with dungeons for the original game engine. CSBWin has been upgraded massively from that old spec, so you need to use CSBuild that comes with CSBwin to edit CSBWin dungeons. Plus I think Conflux3 games are protected too, so no cheating!
isamuu
Journeyman

Post by isamuu »

Thanks for the reply Gambit. WHAOH that's interesting. No wonder it crashed LOL. Well, can you tell me how to edit character stats from normal non-conflux CSBWin dungeons, using CSBuild? It's pretty confusing.

Also, I have another question....how do you load and resume a save game in Conflux III? I go to the main screen "Conflux III: The Undercity" Main menu, then select "Utility" and then upon selecting one of the savegame files, it tells me something about "DON'T DO THIS! Error x0794....make a new adventure twice" or some such.

It's been AGES since I was last into the DM scene so my stupidity level is at a blistering all time high! :lol:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You can't edit characters in CSBuild.

Conflux uses the 'resume' to play saved games like any others - the function you are tryign to use is the 'import my DM part into CSB' option that CSBwin has for DM-> CSB
isamuu
Journeyman

Post by isamuu »

Ahhh gotcha! Thanks Beowuuf.

well, that goes to show you how much I've been out of the loop. Didn't even remember how to resume a saved game in Dungeon Master! *smacks forehead*
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

By the sounds of it, you'll be getting back int othe swing of things pretty quickly!

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”