beware ye french.. the cow is returning

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Re: beware ye french.. the cow is returning

Post by cowsmanaut »

well, funny thing is, looking at the video games in the store here, they are the have the same numbers on the price tag as those back home, however, euro are still worth more than canadian dollars. 1eu is 1.34 cad. so it's essentially 1/3rd more expensive to buy them here.. makes it difficult to justify the purchase :S as a result we're simply paying for things that we need.. like food.. so we very well may return with some in our pockets.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Re: beware ye french.. the cow is returning

Post by oh_brother »

Paying for food? I remember on transatlantic flights when everything was free, they would come around with essentially unlimited supplies of wine or beer. Food though was still free last I checked (though my last time in the US was 2008). Anyway if that bothers you don't fly Ryanair while you are in Europe! As Jan mentioned they are not far off charging for toilet use.

Don't worry about the more expensive prices on video games: you will get a warm feeling inside knowing you are helping to delay the fall of the euro, and that will more than make up for the extra cost.