RIP Leonard Nimoy

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

RIP Leonard Nimoy

Post by cowsmanaut »

since no one else posted it yet.

Sad day... it wasn't a huge surprise after hearing he'd been rushed to hospital and knowing of his condition. Still, hard to accept he will no longer appear on screen to amuse us once more and deliver wisdom.

He had a huge influence on several generations of scifi fans. It's a big loss..
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, I agree. His influence was wide and he always came across as a very decent, wise, honourable man. Twitter has been awash with tributes and stories about him and I've read many of them. There's even a #salutespock or #spocksalute hashtag that's been trending where people are doing that vulcan greeting. I've never been able to move my little finger to do those, so here's mine in text: \\//,
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

A few days ago I heard about him being in hospital and was so hoping for a better end.
There's no one left who could be compared to him. Thanks for all Leonard.
Wizard Zedd
Expert

Post by Wizard Zedd »

Sad day indeed...big fan. I have been reading about some of the things he did and I did not know he published a book of his photography and he was also a poet. There is also autobiographies that he wrote - one in the 70s "I am not Spock" and another in the 90s "I am Spock" May just have to make one of them my next read....He will be missed by many.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

:(
keep your gor coin handy
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

It's hard to believe how many years have passed since seeing him in his 'far more emotional' times in the earlier episodes of Star Trek TOS.
Not to mention those (yipes) hairy eyebrows in those same episodes.

It was nice to see this thread, paying final respects for a man who, although 'green' blooded, was truly blue-blooded in the minds and hearts of so many fans.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Will always remember him, I dressed up as Spock the year I met my wife, she took me home and I never went back. She asked me to dance and Spock was an attraction, I never dance but somehow she convinced me, it was the logical thing to do :lol:

There is a new series coming out in 2017, Not sure who will be the actors but I can't wait for it.
keep your gor coin handy
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:Will always remember him, I dressed up as Spock the year I met my wife, she took me home and I never went back. She asked me to dance and Spock was an attraction, I never dance but somehow she convinced me, it was the logical thing to do :lol:

There is a new series coming out in 2017, Not sure who will be the actors but I can't wait for it.
I hope she didn't have a collar on you, when she took you home.
They sometimes try to 'tag' things they bring home with them. :shock: :lol:

Glad you found someone special and it sounds like a story with a happy ending.

All the best as you seek to live long and prosper. By all means prosper, as it makes a long life so much more pleasant.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I hope she didn't have a collar on you, when she took you home.
They sometimes try to 'tag' things they bring home with them. :shock: :lol:

Glad you found someone special and it sounds like a story with a happy ending.

All the best as you seek to live long and prosper. By all means prosper, as it makes a long life so much more pleasant.
A BIG THANK YOU FOR THAT!

No she didn't have a collar but she did have me by the brow which was not funny. I put them on and didn't use a lubricant, it tore my brows clean off, it was painful :shock:

We've never split apart, and work together at home everyday, it's paradise for the both of us. Most couples could not work together in the same space so it's a miracle. Together for 32 years and still prospering, thanks, that was one of the nicest comments I have ever had Masterwuuf :D
keep your gor coin handy