Getting in contact with Wayne Holder or Doug Bell?

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
tytbone
Neophyte

Getting in contact with Wayne Holder or Doug Bell?

Post by tytbone »

Hey DM fans,

I was wondering if you could help me out with something. I've been doing some research on older games, trying to figure out who owns the various rights to them and whatnot. I came across FTL games on Abandonia and read about their significance on Wikipedia. In my opinion, Dungeon Master and other FTL games titles deserve re-releases, and I believe GOG.com would be a nice fit for them. (I don't work for GOG, I'm just a fan. If some of you are irritated by how they resell so-called "abandonware" or only use DOSBox for DOS titles, you're welcome to your opinion, but please stay on topic in this thread. I apologize for making that assumption, but I've read about these irritations on other forums.)

I emailed Bruce Webster when I heard about Sundog: Resurrection, but he said has not been in contact with Wayne in quite some time. Thus, I was wondering if anybody here knew how to get in contact with Wayne Holder or Doug Bell (as Doug might still be in contact with Wayne). I sent a message to Trion Worlds as it appears Doug is working at their San Diego office currently - http://www.linkedin.com/in/dougabell - but I suspect the message will not be sent on to him. (I may try messaging Riot Games as he once worked there, but I suspect this will not pan out either.)

So if anybody know how to get in contact with either person, I would really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Tyler
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Getting in contact with Wayne Holder or Doug Bell?

Post by Gambit37 »

If you've found him on LinkedIn, you should be able to get in touch with Doug directly. Also try searching on Amazon to find his profile there which I believe shows his email.

Note that he gets LOTS of DM enquiries and will only respond to those that interest him.

No one has any contact details for Wayne, though I believe Doug is still in touch with him.

Good luck!
tytbone
Neophyte

Post by tytbone »

Gambit37 wrote:If you've found him on LinkedIn, you should be able to get in touch with Doug directly. Also try searching on Amazon to find his profile there which I believe shows his email.

Note that he gets LOTS of DM enquiries and will only respond to those that interest him.

No one has any contact details for Wayne, though I believe Doug is still in touch with him.

Good luck!
Heh, well I don't have an upgraded account, so I can't contact him that way, but I may know somebody that can help on that front.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1 ... 43-9231812 doesn't show his email, unfortunately. (Maybe he took it down.)

Thanks anyway; I'm assuming you have his email, but wouldn't be comfortable sharing his email address with me directly?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Sorry, I agreed long ago that I wouldn't share his email. Which is a bit silly these days given he had it available online in various profiles, but I wouldn't be happy breaking that promise.

If you go to my website at http://matthill.co I have a link to my LinkedIn profile. We can connect on there, then you could ask for an introduction to Doug via me. I think that would work.
tytbone
Neophyte

Post by tytbone »

Gambit37 wrote:Sorry, I agreed long ago that I wouldn't share his email. Which is a bit silly these days given he had it available online in various profiles, but I wouldn't be happy breaking that promise.

If you go to my website at http://matthill.co I have a link to my LinkedIn profile. We can connect on there, then you could ask for an introduction to Doug via me. I think that would work.
Ah, that's alright, and the appropriate thing to do. I sent you a LinkedIn request, thanks for that! (Right now I need to go to bed, though. :P)

I'll PM you my email address if you want to give that to him, but I'm assuming I should be the one to take the initiative here, not wait for him to contact me. :)

Again, thanks a lot man.