Training Question

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
hissa-lives
Novice

Training Question

Post by hissa-lives »

Have started a new game figuring I'd train up a bit more in DM this time round!
SO managed to get to 2nd master level wizard and priest ok (spells down on 13, with a stock of food from rat room) and first master fighter walloping rats to get the food. Fairly happy with that, and thought it might be better to train in ninja by throwing a ton of armour and chests about on 13. Would this be quicker than kicking rats to death on level 8? given level multiplier etc??

Cheers

And yes I have Hissa in this team!
Phoenix
Expert

Re: Training Question

Post by Phoenix »

If you use climb down with a rope, you don't need to search out monsters. Just have another champion make stamina potions. Climb down and stab both yield 15 x level multiplier to Ninja skill, but it takes more time to train via stab.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Re: Training Question

Post by Seriously Unserious »

I also use the the best bow and arrows available to train ninjas, especially on the earlier levels when the party doesn't have much mana and the monsters are weak enough to take significant damage from thrown or shot weapons. The sling and rocks is also pretty good on the early levels, but it quickly becomes useless by the end of the worm level.