+3 Strength points at Fighter Level-Up

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sir Thomas
Neophyte

+3 Strength points at Fighter Level-Up

Post by Sir Thomas »

Hello DM-Fans,

I've just started a new game of DM after many, many years and I'm doing a lot of reloading for the Level-Ups (using Savestates on WinUae). I managed to get 6 points (2 Wisdom, 3 Anti-Magic, 1 Vitality / Antifire) for EVERY Wizard Level so far for instance. What I encountered is this:

YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET 3 (THAT IS THREE) POINTS OF STRENGTH FOR A FIGHTER LEVEL-UP! I even managed to get five points (3 Strength, 1 Dexterity and 1 Vitality / Antifire) in one go!

I am playing Amiga Version 3.6, btw.

Would somelike to check if this can be redone at other versions or check the code for this?

Bye for now... :D
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Re: +3 Strength points at Fighter Level-Up

Post by oh_brother »

I have no idea...I never quantitatively checked my stat boosts after a level up.
Sir Thomas
Neophyte

Post by Sir Thomas »

Oops, I made a mistake. You can only get two points actually. I did two levels just one after another, so it looked like three points on one level!

Maybe the thread should be deleted.

Sir Thomas
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

The CSBwin code confirms that this isn't possible, at least in the version that CSBwin is based on.
(That doesn't automatically rule it out for Amiga version 3.6, but it would be an unusual change to see.)

I'll lock the the thread since it doesn't really have any purpose now. :)