Dungeon Master review by TheCGdudes

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
psychosync
Neophyte

Dungeon Master review by TheCGdudes

Post by psychosync »

Hi

I am new to the forums here but i have been searching all around dmweb.free.fr to collect information about Dungeon Master this last month and what a great ressource is it!

I want to share with you the new DM review i just made on Youtube:

http://youtu.be/0lOc9txL1E8

This is my first video in a series i am starting about SNES games. My show is called "Tony's Forest of SNES". Go check out my review of Dungeon Master for the SNES, it may not be considered as the best port of DM but this is the first version i played and i am very nostalgic about playing that version. Keep in mind that i may not be 100% accurate in all that i say in that video and please pardon my French Canadian accent!

This is done with an iPhone 4S (i don't have any other camera), a cheap samsung earbuds microphone! 12 sheets of green construction paper from dolloramma to build a greenscreen! A lot of nights learning how to use Final Cut Pro X.

Feel free to comment on it.

Thanks for watching and if you like it please share it, suscribe, like it, etc...!
RFR
Neophyte

Re: Dungeon Master review by TheCGdudes

Post by RFR »

Hi!

I love the review. Especially that you did put some focus on the story.
I reviewed Dungeon Master myself, a few days ago. This is about the PC version, though:

http://youtu.be/zssYYPMkG-E

I do own the SNES version, but sadly only in Japanese (which would make it the Super Famicom version ^^) you can play it though, if you know the layout.
I find the added sound and music most interesting about that version (even though the redrawn character sprites and the ending sequence with the maps is interesting, too)
I think the music is a little out of place at times, however.
psychosync
Neophyte

Post by psychosync »

Ha! I was just thinking that there is almost no good reviews of Dungeon Master on the internet but now there is 2!

Nice review also.

I only have the snes version and this is the only version i ever played. Well i tried the DOS version with DosBox a long time ago but the snes port i the one i grew up with and like i said in the review, me and my friends used to play that game every Christmas from start to finish. Haaaa these are the days with no responsabilities and too much free time!

I must agree that some of the songs in the snes port just doesn't fit with the game but most of them i really love, especially the "Prepare to meet your doom" song which is creepy while playing the game. But you know every game on the snes has music in it playing most of the time so for me it was strange that a game did not have music most of the time but only water dropping sounds, so when a song kicked in i was happy!

Thanks for comment on Youtube also!
psychosync
Neophyte

Post by psychosync »

Hello

So after 155 people read that thread, some must have watched it?

What do you guys think about it? Any incorrect info?

Let me know.