Reincarnate in CSB??

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Fermen
Apprentice

Reincarnate in CSB??

Post by Fermen »

Hi, I started playing CSB and choosed to Reincarnate 4 champions.

Then I started the game and found that the first room (the dark worm room) was very hard. Then I realized that it is because I reincarnated the champions and I need to ressurect them instead so I can start with higher skill levels and be able to cast higher level spells on them. At the same time, that feels a bit awkward to not be able to play reincarnated when the option is there.

Are you not supposed to be able to play CSB with reincarnated champions?
Is it possible to play it with reincarnated trough CSB?

Regards
Fermen
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Reincarnate in CSB??

Post by beowuuf »

It is possible, but it's best to know the dungeon first before you attempt that. Ressurected characters are fine for a first run through.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

You can train in the secret rooms in the "HoC" of CSB, that helps a lot. You should be able to build enough skills to kill the worms in the starting room. After that, you are mostly set and will have proper levels when you meet the first hard monsters. I play a ressurrected duo game on my mobile atm and it works like a charm. I don't see any difference by now and didn't even get one corbum so far nor have seen the DDD yet. I started with easy paths (Neta, Ros) and then went to Ku for some proper weapons.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

You select the champions for csb in the prison. reincarnate all four in little time-so one won´t run too fast out of food compared to the others- some heroes are very susceptible to that, like plague(low stamina and low mana since you cast all the time, which is probably not always a good idea)
If you train in the prison you gain the first few levels quite fast. You do not need the secret stairways for that.
(you can train champions -if you are quick about it - to adept in all levels, using the creatures there for maximum effect in levelling. Also there are Lor or KAzai)

When you run out of food which happens inevitably- you save and make a new game(that is start to play the normal csb dungeon normally )
The food levels/health etc will be restored for all champions but you keep the levels and loose all items (only rocks, I think)!

You still have the little problem of sitting in the dark and being surrounded by the worms, but it is easier.

Second option:
Anyway I guess you should be able to kill the worms without being hit at all- I could not really manage, too creepy the last time I tried(one error and that´s it) but there are videos (e.g. from Paul Stevens) that show that it can be done. Evade and concentrate your attacks on one worm.

Good luck
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

If you train people up in the prison though, you aren't starting with reincarnated characters. You may as well just ressurect and have fun right away!

Edit: There's also a torch on the wall/on the floor, so you aren't fighting in the dark without magic. And yes, in a room that size, with only three opponents, it's almost impossible to be trapped if you keep yourself mobile. It's just a strain on the wrists due to doing small damage. Then again, there are coins on the floor and items behind teleporters to free for bombs and a sword!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

beowuuf wrote:it's almost impossible to be trapped if you keep yourself mobile
And if you don't create more worms
Spoiler
by stepping on that stupid pad
. It used to happen to me all the time.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Fermen
Apprentice

Post by Fermen »

Oh, it was quite simple :D I just runned around started casting fireballs and got the sword. When I ran out of magic and health, I went to the secret room and where there also was armor so I took the worms out pretty easy and did avoid the button that spawn worms. When I got out, both my Wizard (Raincarnated Plague) and my Warrior (Reincarnated Dema) had artisan level.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Fermen wrote:.. and choosed to Reincarnate 4 champions.
what happened to the other 2? ;)
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Fermen wrote:... I took the worms out pretty easy and did avoid the button that spawn worms.
But .. but ... this is that floor pad which provides you stuff to train with ! So that you get more powerful to cope with the worms :twisted:
Fermen
Apprentice

Post by Fermen »

zoom wrote:
Fermen wrote:.. and choosed to Reincarnate 4 champions.
what happened to the other 2? ;)
Hehe, I did only mention the ones that reached artisan. The other two I picked was "the kentaur girl" as a second fighter and then I picked Necro as priest :D
Fermen
Apprentice

Post by Fermen »

Sphenx wrote:
Fermen wrote:... I took the worms out pretty easy and did avoid the button that spawn worms.
But .. but ... this is that floor pad which provides you stuff to train with ! So that you get more powerful to cope with the worms :twisted:
Hahaha :mrgreen:
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

The easy way is simply to avoid the worms.
Run for the nearest exit before the worms
get a chance to attack.

Then go to the bottom level and collect a
few worm rounds at your leisure.