Charged Items

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Burnt Conspiracy
Neophyte

Charged Items

Post by Burnt Conspiracy »

is there any way to recharge them? i've exhausted my charge supply and i have no idea what to do...

i know the Numenstaff can be charged in the Vexirk Vat, but have never had the chance to attempt any of the other items (i never hold onto them long enough)
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

I believe you can sell them and buy them back later and they'll be recharged.
Burnt Conspiracy
Neophyte

Post by Burnt Conspiracy »

sounds good... now to see...

i think i found a way to make the vexirk vat recharge all the items, i haven't tested it yet though
saros
Neophyte

Re: Charged Items

Post by saros »

Great, I finally found a forum dedicated to my favourite game. Well, one of them at least.

On topic - all items with limited charges can be recharged. Use the first thief in the wilderness area (the one before the moon key door). When he steals something, he drops it in his hideout, and if the stolen item is rechargeable, it is fully charged at the end. This way, one can freely use things like Eye of Time or the Techmace's Powerswing attack. Of course, some charged items are consumed when they run out of juice (like Magic Boxes for example), and thus cannot be recharged.

I remember that the named thief bugs when the moon key door is opened (two more thieves join him, and the hideout of all three thieves changes, or something), so it's best to quickly find a way to lock the moon key door and move forward and back using teleports mainly. It's kind of a tedious solution, but having an always-charged techmace early in the game is worth it...
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Charged Items

Post by Ameena »

Wow that's cool, never knew that :). Mind you, I don't tend to bother using stuff that runs out - after it does, you have to then get used to life without it and I'd rather just not have it in the first place so that doesn't happen ;).

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”