DMDC2

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
eeowdah
Neophyte

DMDC2

Post by eeowdah »

Hi guys, I´m new on this forum and I am wondering if you could give me some help with using the DMDC2 editor.

I have managed to do a few simple editing, like creating new rooms and adding stuff to existing rooms.

However i am having trouble getting creature generators to work and the cross scene teleporter thingies.
I tried copying existing generators and actuators and modified location accordingly, but I keep getting an error message saying "database be at maximum capacity while submitting your changes".

Does that make any sense to you?
Sphenx
On Master

Re: DMDC2

Post by Sphenx »

Never got a reply? Well, for the few ones who are interested :
- for what I remember, creature generators are 'wall actuators' (whereas DM1 generators are floor actuators) targeting the generation point.
- the map linking is basically done using two teleporters and one floor actuator having an 'arch' graphic.
- the "database be at maximum capacity" message is when there are more than 1022 items in one of the database. For instance, DM2 has already a high number of actuators (close to the limit), hence adding just a few will hit the limit.
Study the original skullkeep map for understanding better how to edit. And try making new maps from scratch to avoid limit hit.
zoom
Grand Master

Re: DMDC2

Post by zoom »

oh, there´s an editor !

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”