DM2 Macintosh videos

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
greatstone
The data extractor

DM2 Macintosh videos

Post by greatstone »

I was trying last week to see DM2 Macintosh animations but it was a real pain!
So, after reading some doc and an old post between Gambit and Christophe, I manage to convert all these videos into decent format.

The results are: Christophe,
Do you think we can have these youtube embedded videos as part of the Encyclopaedia?

Regards,
GreatStone.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: DM2 Macintosh videos

Post by ChristopheF »

Technically I could embed youtube videos but that requires full HTML input which is not secure to open to the public.
I shall look into adding a module for that purpose on the site. I'll have a look on drupal.org.
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

*kicks self*

I've had DM2 for Macintosh for many years and it never occurred to me to convert the animations and upload them! Quicktime Pro is all that you need to read them and export them to a better format (like MPEG 4)!
greatstone
The data extractor

Post by greatstone »

Quicktime pro doesn't seem to be free, as far as I am able to understand the Apple site.
Next, after years of playing with my PC, Quicktime won't have anymore the privilege to be installed on it :)
So, I cannot comment on your suggestion.
By the way, the deal with moov and mov file formats (which are different file formats, flattened or not, Apple or Windows) and very old Cinepak used codec, seems not so easy.

Clearly, the goal here is to be able to see such videos on most modern computers, most operating systems and most players.

Regards,
G.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”