Rocks (as a sling ammo) in DM2 Skullkeep

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Archmaster Champion
Neophyte

Rocks (as a sling ammo) in DM2 Skullkeep

Post by Archmaster Champion »

A sling is a good projectile weapon in DM1 and DM Nexus, but in the DM2 Skullkeep its practically useless and not only because its pathetic weak in DM2 and champions can get more powerful bow&arrows already in the Thorn Demons area... Until the end of the game there is two slings (one in Sun Willage and another in Axeman Willage) but only five rocks that you can find (all in the Sun Willage).
In the DM1 and DM Nexus you can get more rocks by killing more rockpiles. In the DM2 you can get more branches by destroying trees. I want to know if there is a way to get more rocks in the DM2? Maybe is a way to get it, by destroying huge stones or stalactite columns in a caves, or something else?
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: Rocks (as a sling ammo) in DM2 Skullkeep

Post by Jan »

Honestly, I never use slings in DM. I think I used it once only to try if it works, and that's all. I never use long-ranged weapons, it's just too complicated and you have full hands and everything. A fireball and my old good sword always do the job! :)

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :D
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Archmaster Champion
Neophyte

Thanks. Yes, you are right, in the "Legend of Skullkeep" long-ranged weapons are no point in using.
BUT in DM Nexus sling and speedbow are very useful, because no quivers in game, and champions have no personal inventory, so you're not need to reload your weapon at all, and with "Attack 3" of the speedbow you can throw 3 arrows at one shoot. ;-) Also in DM Nexus some enemies can be stunned for a moment when arrows and rocks hitting them.
I asked question about rocks, because I like "Legend of Skullkeep". ;-)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It seems an odd oversight nopt to have any in one of thr shops! Some of the walls are destroyable, but I can't recall how many off the top of my head, nor how many rocks they might even yield
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Archmaster Champion
Neophyte

beowuuf wrote:It seems an odd oversight nopt to have any in one of thr shops! Some of the walls are destroyable, but I can't recall how many off the top of my head, nor how many rocks they might even yield
What is a type of this walls and in which area it can be found?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

in the caverns, i think there was a wall or two. I hope i'm not confusing that with a custom dungeon
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Archmaster Champion
Neophyte

Hmm... It sounds very interesting.
Piles in the Dru-Tan pits are destroyable but only pyro-rocks and gems inside of them.
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

The subject of 'useless weapons' in video games is interesting. Most games have them. At least in DM2 there is some balance between weapon prices and strength, so investing in, say, a rapier, is not a bad deal for the money. The really cheap stuff like plain clubs doesn't make sense. You can easily upgrade a champion's starting club to a war club at very little cost, before you even do combat. I guess a lot of that stuff is in there for flavor, or people who want a challenge.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”