Story of DM2 linked to that of DM and CSB?

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Leslie
Adept

Story of DM2 linked to that of DM and CSB?

Post by Leslie »

Hi everyone,
I am still thinking if the story of DM2 is somehow linked to the story of DM featuring the Gray lord, Lord Chaos and Theron.
Throughout the whole game of DM2, there was not even the faintest clue. Only after finishing the game by killing Dragoth, there was a short film sequence showing Dragoth visit Lord Chaos and report about his failure. Lord Chaos then transforms Dragoth into a worm.
But... that's all? Why is Lord Chaos even there, actually? Wasn't he reunited with the Gray Lord forever after finishing CSB?
They could have put some more "love" into developing the story.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Story of DM2 linked to that of DM and CSB?

Post by Ameena »

Yeah, I never really knew what the story for DM2 was either, or who exactly Torham is (he has the surname "Zed" but whether or not he's related to Zed of the original DM is never stated, atl east not that I've ever seen). And yeah, there is no reason why Lord Chaos should be there as far as I'm aware...
*BLUE* not Purple

Re: Story of DM2 linked to that of DM and CSB?

Post by Sera »

ive been looking at the ending of the PC version of DM2 (since that is the only one where you can hear them actually talk).

i can only come to the conclusion that Lord Chaos was maybe brought back by one of his subordinates (maybe this case Dragoth, the final boss) many years after the events of CSB.

also we know that Lord Order was fused with Lord Chaos back in DM, but what happened to him when Chaos came back in CSB? was he permanently merged with Chaos? did he manage to escape with Chaos but stay dormant up to near the events of DM2 where he may have been involved in the second escape of Chaos? there are a lot of unanswered questions between CSB and DM2.

these are my predictions anyway, but what really happened will forever be a mystery... unless someone knows how to get in contact with a former developer to get answers from.
Immortal Dungeoneer.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”