Gfx Extract from Lands of Lore and .shp file format how to

Got a favourite DM type game? Enjoy Eye of the Beholder? Adore Amberstar? Cherish Captive? Discuss these and more here!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

You try taking screenshots while being attacked by the undead!

;-)
ShaggyDowns
Apprentice

Post by ShaggyDowns »

Gambit37 wrote:You try taking screenshots while being attacked by the undead!
Yeah,

It's a lot of fun! :lol:

Helps to turn down the speed in DosBox to a slow crawl, then you can snap away as much as you like. I always thought LOL had some great graphics, especially for the monsters. They have some excellent wallsets as well. The detail is awesome!

~SD~
DK
Novice

Post by DK »

Just a small update.
Westpak2 0.70a

I hope to have solved access violation, now fireball.shp and guard.shp are ok.
Still cannot decode WSA from FINALE1.PAK :x
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Wow, lots of progress!

Gambit37, that zip file with all the LOL monsters seems to be corrupt. Do you have another version of it?

Marco.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

If you can bear with me for 2 weeks or so, I'll have the whole ZIP of the entire game's images available, including wall-sets . :)

The zip is fine for me. Perhaps try downloading with a different browser?
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

I've tried with both Firefox and IE, doing every combination of right clicking & "save target" and left clicking. I've also tried opening it with WinZip, WinRAR, and the generic windows zip decompressor. Never had so much trouble with a simple zip file. *shrug*

At any rate, I'll just sit back patiently and wait for your LOL encyclopedia.

Marco.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hmm, you were right, it was broken after all. Try it again now, I reuploaded it.

EDIT: Still broken -- not sure what's going on, we might have run out of space on the server. I'll have to do some maintenance later, I'm at work right now.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It seems OK now -- try again, but empty your browser cache first.

http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/lol/lol-creatures.zip
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

The earlier one didn't work for me either Gambit, so I got to play a little with the original app that DK created :P

If you're intending to publish a more complete set later, I'll not yet download the most recent extract! Thanks again.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

cool stuff! :)
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Works now! Nice stuff. I'm looking forward to the sprites for the other things.

Incidentally, I have a complete collection of monster sprites from Eye of the Beholder III and Dungeon Hack if anyone is interested. Unfortunately, I generated them when I wasn't very savvy about these sorts of things, so they're all in BMP format :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Dungeon Hack folder is almost 10 megs in size, but it zips up to less than 2 megs. The EoB 3 zip is only about 750 kb. The bigger problem is that since they're bitmaps, they don't have transparent backgrounds. Fortunately, the backgrounds are in a bright shade of cyan, so if you have the proper software, it should be easy to generate proper PNGs with transparent backgrounds out of them.

Virtually all of the monsters in EoB 3 are found in Dungeon Hack. There is only one monster (the Shadow Hound) found in EoB which is not in Dungeon Hack. However, there are a couple monsters with subtle differences between the two games (for example, the trolls have different-colored skin, the watchghosts are bald in Dungeon Hack, and a couple other minor changes).

Let me know if you're interested. I'm pretty sure one person had PM'ed me about this a while back.

Marco.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I posted a zip with those too, it's in another thread:

http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=27508

http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/files/gfx-eob+dhack.zip

I'm currently compiling everything I've got and will update the Custom Dungeon Resources thread with zips from ALL the DM type games; this is ongoing but should be completed in a few weeks.