Eye of the Beholder III sound won't work?

Got a favourite DM type game? Enjoy Eye of the Beholder? Adore Amberstar? Cherish Captive? Discuss these and more here!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Stingm
Apprentice

Eye of the Beholder III sound won't work?

Post by Stingm »

I would appreciate any help in getting the sound to work. I run it in dosbox .74 with dbgl and it runs fine but has no sound. I have tried everything I can think of in settings and nothing. I am running it on a p4 1.5 with 512ram. This is the only game that has this problem. Eye I and II work perfectly. Thanks for any help!
Bit
Arch Master

Re: Eye of the Beholder III sound won't work?

Post by Bit »

I even wanted to install this again one day, and because I'm lazy and don't wanted to dig for my CD, I simply grabbed the trilogy pack of oldgames.sk (search on oldgames.sk in category RPG for that download.)
There a DOSbox 0.72-player-version is included and (maybe important) a conf-file which also accesses the CD-Image.
Perhaps try that one. Works fine even for my evil notebook.
Stingm
Apprentice

Post by Stingm »

Thanks a bunch! I just figured .074 was the best.
Stingm
Apprentice

Post by Stingm »

Bit it works great! Thank you so much! I only have one question.....where is it on my hard drive? I look in the folder it says its in and it's not there. I even searched my hard drive using the find command and it found nothing on the triligy. I wanted to transfer my savegame from my stand alone eob 1 to the triligy eob1 and continue on that version. Any ideas?

Edit: There was a point after installing that it through up its own find program. I exited as I thought it was done. Could this be the problem?

Edit2: I found where it was installed. I'm just puzzled that the find program couldn't find it. Which file is the savegame? Or does it only make a save after you complete each game?
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

If others try to find it, it's in C:\ProgramFiles -> Oldgames - ...
For EoB 3 there should be a folder savegame. There are at least tmp-saves. Just look at the date of the files.
Stingm
Apprentice

Post by Stingm »

Thanks!