Dungeons Kingdom

Got a favourite DM type game? Enjoy Eye of the Beholder? Adore Amberstar? Cherish Captive? Discuss these and more here!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
kanda
Apprentice

Re: Dungeons Kingdom

Post by kanda »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:that sure is the kind of artwork I enjoy kanda, well done. you might want to create a nasty looking character to satisfy all the warriors.
I can show you a bit more:

don't forget dudes, you can help us to improve the game and to release is sooner on the indiegogo crowdfunding campaign:
http://igg.me/at/dungeonkingdom

thanks to all our supporters :)
Dungeon Kingdom developer !
http://www.dungeon-kingdom.com
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I have been slowly checking that out kanda, these guys look great man. I have overlooked this before. I watched demo, I think it looks really good. I am interested in how the interaction is between the player and npcs, is there a dialog? like I said I am slowly having a look at it. I do not know the engine.
keep your gor coin handy
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:I have been slowly checking that out kanda, these guys look great man. I have overlooked this before. I watched demo, I think it looks really good. I am interested in how the interaction is between the player and npcs, is there a dialog? like I said I am slowly having a look at it. I do not know the engine.
Well have you played EOB2 ? We'll use a system close to this one. We'll meet npc. And some may join the party, but not as a hero you'll have to care about, but as a guest, helping you when it's possible. Soyes unlike Dungeon Master, there are some meeting, dialog, for a better connection to the story.

Regards :)
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

oh yeah, I played all the beholder series, it had to fill the gaping hole left behind after finishing DM. I have never recovered from the love of those games, still love them dearly to this day.
so when you say join the party, do you mean as part of the party with the same functions, or some side element that acknowledges that the party has met the npc? I like what you're saying here. do you intend to incorporate them into the party in the future?
is the spell casting the same as EOB?
keep your gor coin handy
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:oh yeah, I played all the beholder series, it had to fill the gaping hole left behind after finishing DM. I have never recovered from the love of those games, still love them dearly to this day.
so when you say join the party, do you mean as part of the party with the same functions, or some side element that acknowledges that the party has met the npc? I like what you're saying here. do you intend to incorporate them into the party in the future?
is the spell casting the same as EOB?
I have the same feeling. I thin it's not possible to recover :)

There are two kind of meeting: the ones you'll recruit, and some guest (they are added to the team, but you don't control them).

kanda
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

ahh, as I thought. that's cool man. is it as easy to remove a character as join one?
how similar is it to EOB in comparison to shooter say like doom? shooters are not my thing, and this does not seem like a shooter. most games I check out are basically a shooter even though they say otherwise.
keep your gor coin handy
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:ahh, as I thought. that's cool man. is it as easy to remove a character as join one?
how similar is it to EOB in comparison to shooter say like doom? shooters are not my thing, and this does not seem like a shooter. most games I check out are basically a shooter even though they say otherwise.
Yes easy :)

About EOB, i am not sure to get you ? Its like DM, but with nicer graphics, different environments, and of course a bit of story telling (at least at the begining and the end). Worth playing it :)
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

yes, by the sounds of it I will be playing it.

I would like to check out the engine a bit. the original dungeon master is a hack and slash with puzzles, the puzzles were more fun than the hack and slash. personally I believe hack and slash has worn itself out. puzzles are now hitting the same bottom, at least that's how I feel about it, but story telling, npc interaction, pc interaction, the ability to bring to life a story is what I was hoping to see. there are engines developed with this in mind already but don't have the special graphics you're mentioning. that's why I am asking. you're dealing with a 3d engine that I was thinking it might have the powers of these engines, except in 3d. have you tried DSB, or CSBWin? have you checked out Grimlock, a 3d attempt at DM? if you have tell me the difference, that's where I can judge this quite sounding great engine. graphics come 3rd in my rankings, engine and story come first.
keep your gor coin handy
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:yes, by the sounds of it I will be playing it.

I would like to check out the engine a bit. the original dungeon master is a hack and slash with puzzles, the puzzles were more fun than the hack and slash. personally I believe hack and slash has worn itself out. puzzles are now hitting the same bottom, at least that's how I feel about it, but story telling, npc interaction, pc interaction, the ability to bring to life a story is what I was hoping to see. there are engines developed with this in mind already but don't have the special graphics you're mentioning. that's why I am asking. you're dealing with a 3d engine that I was thinking it might have the powers of these engines, except in 3d. have you tried DSB, or CSBWin? have you checked out Grimlock, a 3d attempt at DM? if you have tell me the difference, that's where I can judge this quite sounding great engine. graphics come 3rd in my rankings, engine and story come first.
Yes i know Grim and CSB. I love CSM, i keep playing it when i wan to finish DM or CSB again :)
I have my own engine but switched to Unity3D so i can focus on the game tiself instead of caring about all platform engine port.
I agree that graphics are not all. That's why i keep playling dsm and csb to finish them, and finished Grim only one time. Grim as better graphics, but the level design in CSB in my opinion is much much better.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

so I guess I'll need to poke at this unity engine. it's smart to work with an engine that is compatible. this is sounding better all the time. I like to tinker with things, all in fun. can you tell me about the GUI. i find it easier to hear your explanation than it is to read all the info. most of the time i find it way faster and easier to listen to. so if you don't mind I'm all eyes :
keep your gor coin handy
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:so I guess I'll need to poke at this unity engine. it's smart to work with an engine that is compatible. this is sounding better all the time. I like to tinker with things, all in fun. can you tell me about the GUI. i find it easier to hear your explanation than it is to read all the info. most of the time i find it way faster and easier to listen to. so if you don't mind I'm all eyes :
Well the UI is tricky when it comes to support both PC and mobile. There very big screen (pc/mac/linux) , small screens (phones) average screens(tablets). Some big pc screen has sometimes lower resolution than some medium size screen like a retine iPad (2048x1536), some ratios are wide, other are 4:3 etc. etc. I solved the problem by offering two modes: a split screen, with 3d scene on left and heroes/ui on right, and an overlay mode (well suited for pc/big screen). Also tweaking some others factors like camera field of view according screen ratio, so 4:3 still has a wide view around the player.

Of course using a tool like unity doesn't make the tips above automatic, it's all made by hand.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

a little more tricky than I thought. mobile with hi res does seem to be difficult, I can't see it being done in a way that the average person can see the detail. when you say hand, do you mean line code? I'm no expert on this stuff, still learning it all, I do it for fun though, dollar signs are not important to me. but hey, maybe one day ;) I believe the project will do well. posting here and sharing your work shows the effort being put forth. spending time explaining it is what makes others interested. i'll need to sign up to the new sight, read the posts you have already.
keep your gor coin handy
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:a little more tricky than I thought. mobile with hi res does seem to be difficult, I can't see it being done in a way that the average person can see the detail. when you say hand, do you mean line code? I'm no expert on this stuff, still learning it all, I do it for fun though, dollar signs are not important to me. but hey, maybe one day ;) I believe the project will do well. posting here and sharing your work shows the effort being put forth. spending time explaining it is what makes others interested. i'll need to sign up to the new sight, read the posts you have already.
you'll be welcomed to ask anything you wanna know about the game, i'll reply.
regards.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

thanks Kanda, I'm slow at moving, slothish, I am excited to learn though :)
keep your gor coin handy
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

Hello all,

We have published our Trailer to boost the end of the crowdfundong campaign for Dungeon Kingdom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-kZeRqb-1c

Hope you enjoy ^^
Cheers :mrgreen:
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

An important note about our crowdfunding campaign:
Some people asked us if it's still important to contribute on indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, even though we may not reach the goal of 9000 euros: the answer is simple: YES! Our campaign is flexible, and we'll get the funds even if we don't reach this goal of 9000 euros.
So each new contribution will help the project greatly!!!
Feel free to pledge, even at the last remaining minute!
Thanks!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

great work, especially with NPC and dialog, beautiful
keep your gor coin handy
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

Hello fellow adventurers !

It have been a long while since my last update here! Dungeon Kigndom is still under developement, and some guys could even beta test the begining. I published a new video showing a few possible interactions and physics effects :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T46T61PnRc

And a few screen shots :

The early access is not far from now. We have things planned (as post release update) like multiplayer, VR heaset version, randomly generated Dungeon etc. and we'll make announcements to let you know more about it, but for now we keep focus to on the first release.

Regards
kanda
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Franchement, c'est du très beau boulot. Pour tout ce qui est du domaine classique pour un dungeon crawler a l'air bien réalisé, les graphismes que j'ai vu ici et ailleurs sont splendides et les idées originales sont toutes très sympas et attrayantes. Je vous souhaite une grande réussite bien méritée lors de la sortie du jeu...
Est ce qu'il y aura un éditeur de donjons du style de celui de LoG ? C'est vraiment un de ses points forts je trouve, les donjons de la communauté sont généralement très bons.

Same in english
Wow, seriously, great job. All the classic elements of dungeon crawlers are very well designed, the graphics that I've seen here and there are splendid and the new ideas are all very nice and attractive. I wish you guys the success you deserve as the game gets published.
Will you include a dungeon editor, as what's available in LoG? In my opinion, it's one of its strengths, most of the community's dungeons are very good.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Fantastic work! This is looking lovely and very professional. The screenshots and video look extremely good and I love the detail work like chairs, curtains, etc. Being able to walk through a billowing curtain, and burn a bed are nice touches and add to the believability and immersion. Personally I'd tone down the orange of the torchlight, it seems a little high - perhaps a little more yellow would look more realistic?

I'd be interested to play around with the game interface as I'm not sure stacking up the 4 champions in a row is very easy to manage....? How does that play compared to the closer 2x2 arrangement used by Legend of Grimrock?
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

Thanks for your feedbacks all !
@Igor Poulpupov: Oui / Yes. a Level Editor is planned as well as a Dungeon Generator, but as post release features. We want to release the game first, and these amazing features will be added after that. We have very low budget so we need proceed that way to develop these features.

@Gambit37:
-Well don't worry we have plenty of other portraits. I admit i like classic RPG portraits, as a fan myself of games like Ishar, Eye of the Beholder....Anyway you'll have choice when you create tour team, i like to think you'll find some portrait that fit your wishes. However i (sorry for that :) disagree about the style, i think it much atmospheric that some computer renderer portraits like Dragon Age 1 and they contribute to the game atmosphere, all being hand drawed.
-About the interface, it has an ideal ergonomy to attack quickly when playing on mobile or tablet as you can keep holding your device and playing with two hands and attack with any characters. On Desktop, it works fine as well, fromt he playtests sessions with our beta testers, nobody reported that as being a problem, so i guess we can keep that system. I hope futur players (you included ^^) will agree on that :-)

Again, thanks for your feedbacks, always welcomed.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

play testing it was fun and interestingly different. similar to Might and Magic with turn based option. keep going at it kanda
keep your gor coin handy
kanda
Apprentice

New Crawler released on Steam!

Post by kanda »

Hello everyone!

For the ones following waiting for it, Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the moon has been released on steam early access:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/329040/

Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Please keep your game updates in one thread. I've merged the threads for you.
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

Sophia wrote:Please keep your game updates in one thread. I've merged the threads for you.
Sorry. I will post here Thanks :)
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

Hello Dungeon Addicts!

We uploaded a major Dungeon Kingdom update on steam!

– Totally rewritten mouse ergonomy. Say good bye to dungeon Master mouse scheme and hybrid drag and drop: now you have to play the same way as in Eye of the Beholder (and so Grimrock).
– Added Quick Menu (Open it by clicking on the button at top middle of the screen) to sleep, go to intermediate menu or open Adventure book.
– Added Adventure book: simply read a book or a scroll (including spells) and you can read it anytime from the adventure book.
– Added Compass+Automap. Click on compass icon to open the local automap.
– Added Settings Menu to the Main Menu.
– Added Help menu from the intermediate in game menu, to display mouse usage informations and keyboard shortcuts.
– Hovering an item on inventory or hand slot now displays informations about it (weight, bonus…)
– Added in game “Help/Hints” from heroes. Check the option when starting a new game. Previously created game will get the option automatically in Apprentice and Jouerneyman modes.

It also includes fixes:
– Shield protection now working again (and displaying +xxx protection value)
– Fixed saved game issue preventing to reload saved game in temple in some case
– Fixed creature walking on tiles that are already full.
– Fixed broken walls fragments to prevent player to move away or walk on them.
– Added Mouse wheel and third buton usage

…and countless other adjustments!

As a reminder, you can get it here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/329040/

Enjoy!

Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Well done. Keep it up. Going to the store to grab it.
keep your gor coin handy
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:Well done. Keep it up. Going to the store to grab it.
Thanks!!! I hope you will enjoy :)
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I am, so far it's fun. I'm not that much a gamer really, but am in love with DM though lol.This steam thing, had to install it to play the game, it's all new to me. I'm not a fan of having to be online to play games, it's one of the reason that made me leave the internet scene. Old school I guess. I'll post back when the introduction has been finished. Happy to see that there is a walk through, who needs a manual these days :) Get back to you.
keep your gor coin handy
kanda
Apprentice

Post by kanda »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:I am, so far it's fun. I'm not that much a gamer really, but am in love with DM though lol.This steam thing, had to install it to play the game, it's all new to me. I'm not a fan of having to be online to play games, it's one of the reason that made me leave the internet scene. Old school I guess. I'll post back when the introduction has been finished. Happy to see that there is a walk through, who needs a manual these days :) Get back to you.
Looking forward to reading your feedbacks.

By the way, with steam you can play offline once the game is installed, no need to say connected. If you need a link to get the game outside steam, let me know, i can give you a link.

Best Regards