DM Nexus

Talk about the lesser known games "Theron's Quest" and "Dungeon Master Nexus".
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Troy Bowd
Neophyte

DM Nexus

Post by Troy Bowd »

It's great to see this site. I bought an Amiga 500 years ago just so I could play Dungeon Master. I still have the original disk too. Thanks for pointing out Chaos Strikes Back and Theron's Quest. I am now playing them and enjoying it thoroughly.

My question is, where can I get a download of Dungeon Master Nexus ISO. I have tried looking on Altavista, emule, edonkey, kazza etc. But no luck...

I've got an idea. If you don't have the webspace to share the ISO, then why not put it on a file sharing program, such as emule. That way this great game won't be lost forever and you won't need any webspace. I have released several old programs like this, and I have no webpage or webspace.

Even without Nexus, your site is great. It's just a pity no-one is sharing Nexus. Boohoo....
OpTiMaL
Novice

Re: DM Nexus

Post by OpTiMaL »

I'm not sure if this link will work or not. I usually don't create them like this, but here goes.

[url]ed2k://|file|Dungeon.Master.Nexus.NTSC-JAP.ISO.Saturn-OpTiMaL.rar|127205048|F94118C44B5E5B684AE85CE9D89815FD|/[/url]
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

That's not a valid internet link; it's a file link to a local file on your machine.

It should start with ftp: or http: -- have you actually uploaded the file anywhere, or are you trying to host it from your own PC? You must be running a webserver with a fixed IP address and correct DNS if your trying to host this yourself.
OpTiMaL
Novice

Post by OpTiMaL »

I'm using eDonkey2000 to host the file on my computer. For anyone that doesn't know it is a file sharing program. That is how the links work, but some forums don't do the links right. I'm not sure if there is a way around it either.

Ideas anyone?

I have the file posted elsewhere, and it is beginning to spread around.
Lord Drol

Post by Lord Drol »

OpTiMaL wrote:I'm not sure if this link will work or not. I usually don't create them like this, but here goes.

[url]ed2k://|file|Dungeon.Master.Nexus.NTSC-JAP.ISO.Saturn-OpTiMaL.rar|127205048|F94118C44B5E5B684AE85CE9D89815FD|/[/url]
Are you still hosting this file? Or would you know where I could find it? Thanks.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

I have it but i couldn't make the game work with girigiri (area=1 doesn't work as well, Gambit).
I really don't know where i can upload 121 Mbytes !
Lord Drol

Post by Lord Drol »

linflas wrote:I have it but i couldn't make the game work with girigiri (area=1 doesn't work as well, Gambit).
I really don't know where i can upload 121 Mbytes !
I found it on eDonkey. It also wouldn't work for me with area=1. So I kept trying the different areas until it worked. Try area=4. After testing this game, I really wish they would have made an English version.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

I already tried area = 4 and 12 also : none of them works...
If you can make the game working, please tell me how you did it ! :shock:
Lord Drol

Post by Lord Drol »

I'm not sure if you had this readme file with your version of Giri, but these are the instructions I used to make it work, using area=4.

Instructions
------------

1. Rip your favorite game using cdrwin(as a raw 2352 byte sector image), put
both image and cue in the same directory as girigiri saturn.

OR

1. Run glaunch.exe with a full pathname(e.g. If you have all the files in
c:\girigiri, then run the program as c:\girigiri\glaunch). Setup everything
how you want it, click the big image, then when Girigiri starts, close the
program(you only have to launch glaunch once). You may also want to adjust
the AREA option in base.ini to the region of the cd that's in your
cdrom(see step 3).

Now just run gsaturn with the "-DISK" switch(e.g. gsaturn -DISK). Make sure
your saturn game is in your first cdrom(if you have cdrwin handy, just
check to see which one is first in the list).

This mode does work(I got it working in Win98 using VirtualPC and on my
Win2k setup), but it may not(I wasn't able to get it running properly in
my WinXP setup). Just make sure your aspi drivers are up to date, etc. Skip
instructions 2-7

2. run gentoc on the cue file(e.g. gentoc bloop.cue), this should generate
a file called toc.bin.

3. Now edit base.ini, and change DISK1TOC so it points to the toc.bin file
you just created(you shouldn't need to change this as by default, it's
toc.bin). And change DISK1IMG so it points to game's image(e.g. bloop.bin).
Lastly adjust AREA to the region of the game:

1 = Japan
2 = Taiwan/Philipines
4 = US/C
5 = Brazil
12 = Europe
etc.

4. Now run glaunch.exe with the full pathname. (e.g. If you have all the files
in c:\girigiri, then run the program as c:\girigiri\glaunch)

5. In the Launcher, adjust the settings how you want them(it should all be
pretty straight-forward), then click on the huge image("Hacked by
Gavionne" ^^).

6. Girigiri Saturn should basically start up, and go through all that bios
spiel like it does on a real saturn.

7. You only have to run glaunch once. So next time(unless you want to change
some settings), just run gsaturn with the "-i" switch(e.g. gsaturn -i)

8. If the game doesn't load, it could be an emulator issue, or perhaps a
bug in gentoc. You could always try adding your game in games.dat and
tweaking the settings.

9. Emulator settings, save ram and backup ram files are all located in
[your_windows_directory]\profiles\saturn(unless you change USERDIR in
base.ini to point to a different directory.

Hope it helps.
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Guys, this is an ed2k link, not a URL. You'll need an ed2k client to download it. I'm also hosting Nexus, and I leave eMule running pretty much all the time. If you don't know anything about ed2k or don't have the patience to wait several days/weeks for files to download, then don't waste your time on this one. I've been using eMule for a very long time, so I'm used to it.

Since both DMNexus and DM_FM-Towns are shared through eMule (from my computer, as well as a few others) and I have them set to Release priority, I'm not going to bother making them available from my web server. If you want to use eMule or another ed2k client to get them, feel free. It's not that I don't have the space for it; it's that I don't really have the bandwidth (16KBps upload), especially since I'm running eMule all the time.

Anyway, DMNexus is pretty cool if you can get past using a keyboard for everything. No mouse support here, but that's what you get for console gaming. DM-SNES fans should feel right at home. :)
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i gave up with making Nexus work in girigiri, the iso is still recognized as an audio cd. anyway, i'm still sharing the file in the Overnet/Emule network too :)
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Giri Giri has a lot of trouble recognizing CD images unless the CUE is formatted a very specific way. You may need to remove a leading blank line before first track descriptor. (I had to do that for almost every Saturn image I have.) Also, make sure there are no spaces in your file name. That one gave me a LOT of grief until I figured it out.

You can download an English front-end loader at http://ggloader.emulation64.com/ that should solve a lot of problems you may be having with Giri Giri. If you're running Windows XP, or if you're having problems running discs mounted from a virtual drive, you should grab forceASPI and install it (reboot required).

Even with ASPI insatlled, I can't run games that are mounted to a virtual drive, but I've had no trouble running directly from the CUE/BIN files themselves (which GGLoader allows).

If anyone needs an English hacked copy of Giri Giri, I can make it available, but it's going to take a lot of demand because I don't like running my web server on a 16KB connection.

Good luck.

Return to “Theron's Quest (TQ) & Dungeon Master Nexus (DMN)”