Dungeon Master Java Released

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
alandale
Apprentice

Dungeon Master Java Released

Post by alandale »

It's finally out. Go to www.cs.pitt.edu/~alandale/dmjava/index.html to download it. There is also a link there for a message board I set up for the game.
+gab

Re: Dungeon Master Java Released

Post by +gab »

Current download is 11MB and is faulty. I have reported the problem, but would advise those with dial-up access to wait for a day or two, especially as you have to download Java as well (5 to 30MB). I have cable modem so will keep testing.
+Simon

Re: Re: Dungeon Master Java Released

Post by +Simon »

It wasn't faulty. I had no problem downloading it using GetRight as soon as it was on-line.
Don't know what the problem was for some...
+gab

Re: Re: Re: Dungeon Master Java Released

Post by +gab »

The site now has an alternative download, which unzips perfectly. (dmj.zip). The original still will not unzip (dmjava.zip) The problem is not with download itself, but the resulting zip file. Gozilla, Reget etc. are not necessary on a broadband connection.
omera
Novice

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dungeon Master Java Released

Post by omera »

It's weird that the original DMjava has problem to unzip, because i first downloaded it and transfered it on my site to make the mirror, without changing it.? Furthermore, I tried to unzip it before transfering and it unzipped fine...
It's really weird..
I wonder if it's not alan's server who is responsible of the mistakes? I tried to use getright, download accelerator, netscape6 and ie5 to download the old 'non-working' file and it always failed.