CAN´T GET EMULATOR TO WORK!!!!! HEEEEELP!!!!

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

CAN´T GET EMULATOR TO WORK!!!!! HEEEEELP!!!!

Post by Daniel (Sweden) »

Hi!
I need help, can´t get DM or CSB to work with any of these emulators (except Pacifist, which sucks, the game pauses all the time). Both Winuae and Winston refuses to save the games and with winston I can´t even get CSB to work. What am I doing wrong? I have tried millions of ways, but without success. What emulators and versions of the games are you guys using? which kickstart rom.etc.! If anyone has gotten these two games to work, please, please, please, please and please; Mail me a working copy of your setups that works and can save the games. I have tried WinFellow to but the colors are all wrong!
I´m desperate, please halp me!
Yours sincerely / Daniel, Sweden
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: CAN´T GET EMULATOR TO WORK!!!!! HEEEEELP!!!!

Post by Gambit37 »

The newest version of WinUAE (0.8.14 R3) DOES NOT WORK with DM or CSB. They broke something in the disk handling routines.
You need an earlier version of WinUAE (0.8.8 R8) for either of those two games to work. You should be able to find it on the Net somewhere, but I don't think it's on the WinUAE homepage any more.
+gab

Re: Re: CAN´T GET EMULATOR TO WORK!!!!! HEEEEELP!!!!

Post by +gab »

Fellow (DOS Version)0.3.3 works well, but can crash the computer if you run it a second time with sound enabled, but at least the save function works. Download from http://www.majestic.ndirect.co.uk/amiga.htm
+zokathra

Email me for working WINUAE for DM/CSB

Post by +zokathra »

Hi Daniel, Send us an email and I will forward winuae (0.8.8 R8) to you which I have completed (again) both DM and CSB. This version works perfectly as Gambit said it would :)
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Thanks Zokatra!
I did find it on the net when I looked though, but I apprechiate your offer. I have tried it and everything seems to work. Thanks again!
Yours sincerely / Daniel, Sweden!
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Re: One Question though!!!!!!!

Hi Again!
I must ask, is there any working version on the atari emulator? I have tried CSB on WinSTon but I can´t get the mouse to work, and as far as I can understand there are lots of problems when it comes to saving in CSB on the Atariemulator. I know that Psct043 works with savings, but then I must use Autodisk192 which has a really bad working copy! In otherword, have any of you manage to get both DM and CSB to work with an Atari Emulator? I did find some other copies of the games where DM worked perfectly with Winston (an MSA-files), but not CSB! Is there any older version of Winston that can handle this?