Dungeon Master for Android (Smartphones)

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back for Windows and Linux, an unofficial port of Chaos Strikes Back to PC by Paul Stevens, as well as CSBuild, an associated dungeon editor.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
lazyoldman_01
Neophyte

Dungeon Master for Android (Smartphones)

Post by lazyoldman_01 »

Hi folks,

Been away for a while, couldn't find my password details, so back as a newbie! Great to see DM is as popular as ever!! Last time I asked a question like this Paul devoted his life to getting CSBWin to work on my pocket pc...

Do you guys know if there's been any attempts to get CSBwin or another DM version working on an android phone? In particular Android 2.2 (getting a new phone on Tuesday!) and the battery on my old HP pocket pc doesn't even pretend to work anymore!! I've seen T0Mi got CSBwin working on a windows mobile OS HTC smartphone recently, but haven't found much mention of android?

I believe that Android is based on the linux kernel? Does anyone know how closely they're based? Is there any chance that the linux version of CSBwin could work? If any body has a better understanding and has an android phone to play with and knows anything about android or linux, it would be great to experiment and see if it works? I'll give it a try when the new phone arrives, but it may take a while to even work out how to try to run it???

I'm hoping to be able to get my fix of DM again after so many years!!!
Sphenx
On Master

Re: Dungeon Master for Android (Smartphones)

Post by Sphenx »

Hello,

There is a project of a DM Clone under Android. There is also a thread in the dev forum. It is a new program (was first in Java, now rewritten to C with Android 2.3) but not a CSBWin version.
Might better have Cycl0ne to answer your post.

But the case of having CSBWin directly on Android is interesting. Is there a post where T0Mi explains that?
T0Mi
Expert

Re: Dungeon Master for Android (Smartphones)

Post by T0Mi »

:oops:
I've never worked on the source of CSBwin, never did anything beyond following instructions kindly provided by Paul and the members of this board, so I have no idea what is needed to port CSBwinCE to Android. Sorry. Give me shiny icons to click on. I can do that.

Return to “Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux (CSBWin) / CSBuild”