New Gallery Avatars

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

New Gallery Avatars

Post by Gambit37 »

I've ripped all the Eye of the Beholder character portraits and uploaded them into a new avatar gallery. If you'd like to use any of them, go to your profile and use the gallery button at the bottom to browse through and select one.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Very cool Gambit! Though I won't change my avatar (I have grown pretty fond of Ameena's lovely combination of Trantor and Boris), I always liked the EOB avatars. :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: New Gallery Avatars

Post by Gambit37 »

I've added a new gallery of avatars called GenieBBS -- these are CSB portraits created by players about 20 years ago which were recently discovered online. To view them, goto your User Control Panel, then select the Profile tab, then Edit Avatar from the lower left hand menu. Use the white/grey dropdown to select the "GenieBBS" gallery.

I've also updated the DungeonMasterNexus gallery with the actual grabbed resources from the game. They are now nice double-sized pixel art instead of the nasty grabs that I made from scans of the manual. NOTE: If you were using a Nexus portrait, you might need to reselect it from the new versions. The pics are a bit larger than most other avatars but I think that's OK :-)
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Woot!
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

yee-ha!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I Guys,

Suggestion to the forum
Because I create a new avatar almost on every post, I don’t know if one day, it’s possible to see a future update that will keep every current post’s avatar. It will be very appreciate. Anyway, At least I am happy I can change it.

Cheers!
Even if I had given you the smallest bite, my poison will overcome you
Spoiler
Try me!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Sorry, but the forum won't ever support that feature. Out of interest, why do you regularly change your avatar? An avatar is usually intended as a short hand way of recognising someone's posts -- if you change it all the time, it's harder for other to associate the image with your name...
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

When I gave a summary of my novel, I found nice to show the present character in the new location where he was. In my opinion, it gave attraction interesting. Now, when I see all my posts with the same avatar, I found that inappropriate. I will stick now with one of my creations.
Even if I had given you the smallest bite, my poison will overcome you
Spoiler
Try me!