Conflux II questions

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
JasonBarnes

Conflux II questions

Post by JasonBarnes »

I've beat this dungeon by accident with the guides only. So there is much I haven't explored.

I gained uses of an oven. Where and how do I use it.

Can you get get the flame whip?

In the dwarven forge I put the mace of order into it. But nothing happened, perhaps that wasn't the might it wants?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

The oven is hidden somewhere inside the guild of wizards.
The flame whip: yes you can get them (there are two). They'll be enhanced for the next version.
The mightiest weapon is not the mace of order. I would ask the members of the warrior guild if I were you... However, yours was a good idea, I implemented something for the next version.
JasonBarnes

Ack! Stuck big time.

Post by JasonBarnes »

I fell down a pit to a room with all sorts of purple critters (rat, worm, spider, antman). I accidently saved in there :cry: . The keyhole in the path of EPHESUS doesn't work with any of my keys (gold, square, iron, emerald) and the stairway up but is sealed off. There is also a teleporter blocking the way of TZU. I've killed the flying snake thing and was told to meditate on a solution.

How do get out of there, or do I need to restart?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

The key is upstairs; try facing the stairs before entering the stairwell, or try not facing them, I don't remember exactly... (I forgot to put a hint in your version)
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Flame Whip? I don't recall ever seeing one of those...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You have to look harder to spot it...it might look a bit more rope-like to laymen : )
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I don't think I've got one in my inventory (and I've got a lot of saved games) but I seem to remember a rope that had the capability to slash...
JasonBarnes

Post by JasonBarnes »

Thanks for getting me out that purple room, Zyx. I've cleared out most the temple. What is up with the tree of fear and courage? I tried war cries, branshing certain weapons, and the fear spell. Should I kill it?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Can't we all just get along, and stand in wonder at some of the marvels of the universe. But it is killable, if you want to take the time.
JasonBarnes

Post by JasonBarnes »

Maybe I'm not standing in the correct to gain the most from accoustics of the tree's belching. :roll:

Anyways, Zyx is a very evil person. All that work to kill Vecna and I didn't even get a lousy T-shirt. :evil:

I did find a useful feature. I have a reincarnated Halk in my party with a natural strength of 93. After potioning him of up to 175+, his punches hit for an average of 25+ each! Antmen better watch out!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I've been reproched so many times about Vecna's loot that I included a lousy t-shirt for next version.

As for the tree, it is sacred. Any part of it is a relic you should adore.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's not lousy, it is very nice. Plus really, I can't believe people are stupid enough to attack the lich, when told not to, then expect somehting for it (wait, was it me that asked for a reward...I forget)

I tend to put anything that is dropped from that tree into a little alcove at home and worship it for many days. Nothing to do with the game, I just find it fun.
JasonBarnes

Post by JasonBarnes »

It like a mountain, only real men climb them. Real stupid ones that is.

A quick question for you all.
Is it normal in this dungeon for locks not to take their keys? So far I've found a topaz, gold, and winged locks that behave so. the winged lock says it's jammed or something.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, some locks are jammed and other means can open them, and others don't consume the key to open (as the key can also be used elsewhere)
Paul

Lich and other stuff

Post by Paul »

I don't remember getting told not to kill the Lich, except that I peeked in here before meeting her. Must be Gando or Zed that tells you? Or Leif? I have Iaido, Leyla, Gothmog, Halk. Iaido outstrips the rest... he's a on-master wizard, 580 health 215 mana. Don't even know who the master priest is yet... is it Nabi?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Zed tell you

And the guild annals doc file tells you the heads of the guilds
Paul

Ra doors - conflux IIj

Post by Paul »

Zyx... I know you've heard this before but great job on the dungeon.

Beowuuf, thanks for the help.

Okay, I've been playing this for a while... can someone tell me how to open the Ra doors? I'd figured a Ra key would help, but now that I finally found one (in somebody's tomb) it won't open any of the Ra doors on the council level. I did notice somewhere in this forum that someone said to try and remember how ra doors were opened in DM or something, but as far as I remember, they were opened with Ra keys.

Are there any other ways to open doors besides the following?
- keys/lockpicks/buttons/triggers
- fireballs
- 'zo' spell (which hasn't opened any door for me except the influence door)
- attacking it with weapons

I've been wandering all over this dungeon... have all kinds of extra keys so I know there are lots of places I haven't found. I mapped the first 3 or 4 levels but it's pretty tedious, and when I realized those sets of stairs centering around those orange flying guys weren't taking me where they should not physically/logically be taking me, I gave up.

I stepped on all the plates in the mines, but I stepped on some of them more than once before stepping on all of them. Does that matter? What is supposed to happen? I read another forum topic talking about it and the answer was to look around in the danger area? I assume that's the place with the invisible pit(s) and the doors to blank walls that open up a pit behind you, with messages every once in a while saying danger? So what am I supposed to find here?

thanks
Paul

Ra doors

Post by Paul »

okay, I figured out the mines puzzle and got the dwarven treasure. I used some of it to finish paying all the slots in the coinslot room... now I have lots of gems... some of the more expensive slots seem to just pay you gems in one of the centre alcoves? Is there any use for all these gems? There's a door around somewhere that looks like it should open with a gem but no colours seem to work.

I also got the precious from moria, but then I left it down there in an alcove to open a door (i probably couldve used any ring, come to think of it)

anyways, i abandoned my Iaido/Leyla/Gothmog/Halk party for now... started over with Leif and Gando and I think I'll take Sonja then Gothmog once I find another mace and a buncha corbums. I really liked Iaido's lockpicks, but I think they mostly just give you extra iron and gold keys, since I had a chest full of each on my last game. Except for that winged lock. And aside from the lockpicks he didn't seem to help me much.

What's with all these weird scrolls? Are any of the blank ones good for anything? What's the one with the map good for (the one from the wisdom fountain)? Doesn't seem to point anywhere special.

Thanks

Paul

still can't figure out those darn Ra doors though... can some1 give me a hint?
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

still can't figure out those darn Ra doors though... can some1 give me a hint?
Gando seems to think they are magic locks...
Paul

zokathra

Post by Paul »

Awww, man!!! I can't believe I never tried zokathra. Thanks Ian.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

zokathra is from CSB

The map is part of that area, and allows you to find a secret area after if you follow it precisely

Mapping - you are thinking that the stairs you walk, say, east from logically come out west. Not true. Stairs east/west can let you out in any directiondepending on the direction of the stairs above. All you can know to start with is that stairs squares are stacked one on top of the other
Paul

zokathra etc.

Post by Paul »

beowuuf wrote:zokathra is from CSB
Oh... can't remember, could be I never opened that door in CSB.
beowuuf wrote:The map is part of that area, and allows you to find a secret area after if you follow it precisely.

Mapping - you are thinking that the stairs you walk, say, east from logically come out west. Not true. Stairs east/west can let you out in any directiondepending on the direction of the stairs above. All you can know to start with is that stairs squares are stacked one on top of the other
Oh, shoot... I knew that actually cuz I've played with some of the editors but the situation felt so illogical it didn't occur to me... each stair rotates 90 degrees toward the other.

Thanks... now I can go back to mapping! I still say it gets a bit tedious though.

Post by Guest »

beowuuf wrote:Umm, there are currently 5 - 10 conflux topics with a wide range of spoilers and differening subjects. Pick one of those. The download one on the encyclopaedia forum can also have reviews. As good as conflux is, this is a custome dungeon forum not a conflux forum!
Sorry if I touched a nerve...

I didn't think sub-categorizing "custom dungeons" by dungeon was such a bad idea. Although I agree it's not quite necessary yet, since there are only 4 pages of posts to sift through.

Post by Guest »

Zyx wrote:As for the tree, it is sacred. Any part of it is a relic you should adore.
What does this mean? I killed the tree and it dropped a bunch of branches. Do I need them for something?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

This is a specific tree, not one of the Screamers or Spitter Trees. I have no idea what this tree looks like since I've never been to wherever it is, but I imagine it'd be a unique design and signposted or something so you know what you're looking at ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You don't need the branches for anything specifically, it can't hurt to take them and check them out. Then again, it's a bit destructive just going around chopping away at all this wonderful mood stuff - bet you killed all the spitters in the sewers too!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Pfft, if they spit things at you, which is annoying, hacking them to bits is the best way to stop 'em, ain't it? Is what you would do with any other mob ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, but I bet you lot hack at the innoffensive ones thatr are just standing around waaaaaaaay out of reach that aren't spitting at you

Post by Guest »

beowuuf wrote:Yeah, but I bet you lot hack at the innoffensive ones thatr are just standing around waaaaaaaay out of reach that aren't spitting at you
Okay, Beowuuf, what are you hinting at? Is there actually a disadvantage to killing such creatures?

Post by Guest »

Ameena wrote:This is a specific tree, not one of the Screamers or Spitter Trees. I have no idea what this tree looks like since I've never been to wherever it is, but I imagine it'd be a unique design and signposted or something so you know what you're looking at ;).
Yup, it's a specific tree, but doesn't look any different, although there is a message on the wall saying it's the tree of knowledge or something like that... so I killed it .... I'm curious whether it actually serves a purpose or not...