How to get a suggestion implemented

Suggestions for new features for inclusion in RTC. Note that all the suggestions that have already been implemented have been moved to the RTC Archive forum.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

How to get a suggestion implemented

Post by George Gilbert »

This is a quick message to give you an idea of what sort of suggestions are likely to be implemented and what aren't.

A) The first thing that goes through my mind when reading a new suggestion is "why".

- Why is this feature wanted (i.e. what can it achieve)?
- Why is it necessary (i.e. can't it already be done)?

If these aren't immediately obvious, then putting an example in with your post can only help. If you want to keep your cunning idea a secret (so people who play your finished dungeon won't know about it), then feel free to PM me with extra details.

B) The second thing is a very quick time cost to me / benefit to you analyis. Basically, the quicker it is for me to do and the more generic (so multiple uses by multiple people) the suggestion is, the more likely it will be to do.

Failing any one of the above 4 criteria isn't terminal for a suggestion (and I've even done several that fail two or occasionally three), but obviously meeting as many as possible is a good thing!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

BTW, two good tips that will help you:

1) Put seperate suggestions into seperate threads. That way I can reply to each one individually and it won't get confusing. More importantly (from your point of view), I won't miss a suggestion by it being buried in with several others.

2) Constantly replying to your own posts with "Bump" *REALLY* doesn't help (in fact it probably will just annoy me ;-) ). Before each release of RTC, I read through the entire forum - yep, every single post - to see what can now be done with the enhanced mechanics in each release. If you've got a good suggestion then I'll eventually get around to doing it; it's position in the forum is irrelevant.