QuestLord

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
lavalevel
Novice

QuestLord

Post by lavalevel »

Hey guys!

Selie told you to tell you about my game because 'they might like it.' :)
And boy I hope you do...

Here is a link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0fr7FN2 ... ture=g-upl

Here is a link to the website: http://www.questlord.com/

thanks for your time!
Last edited by lavalevel on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lavalevel
Novice

Re: QuestLord

Post by lavalevel »

I hope you guys love broken links!

My server is crashed and down for the count. please standby. :D Hosting company is on it. :|

ok, I edited those out of there.
Last edited by lavalevel on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

At least youtube still works :)

And yes, it looks cool. The NPC interaction and combat seems fun - I like the attack /monster death animations. Definitely one I'll look at!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hey, this looks good. Graphics are a little too pixelly for my taste, but the gameplay seems solid and I imagine there's a lot of game in there. I still don't have a decent smartphone that I could play it on, but once I'm set up with one, I'll check it out :-)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I like the feel of them :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Absolutely, don't get me wrong: the graphics have an uber-retro feel and and very suitable for the game. They would seem to suit the game perfectly. But as a 'graphician' myself, and even though I love retro pixel game art, these are just a little lo-res for my own personal taste. I'm still keen to check out the game though :-)
lavalevel
Novice

Post by lavalevel »

Hey no worries! I was actually going for the 8bit era when I first started and I just sort of evolved my pallet into 16 while retaining very chunky pixels. At first even I was planning on just having monsters randomly spawn in front of the character ala The Bard's Tale, yet when I put one out in the environment as an actual entity with x,y it looked to cool and the game started to quickly evolve to something closer to DM. But my enemies still don't have directions! And I don't have strafing buttons! but it's been a blast to make nonetheless. I am really glad you guys checked it out, and even more glad to stumble upon this treasure trove of DM and finally start posting stuff!
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

As a pixel aficianado(sp), I have to say dont change anything! Thank god for the indie video game revival, as pixel art was nearly dead before then. And IMHO 16 bit pixel art is some of the best. Or maybe I'm just old

Question. Is it only going to be available on the iphone or other smartphones? That would be a bummer. I'd definitely support you and buy it when it comes out, but I am really anti-smartphone.
Other than that, I'm excited to see it.
lavalevel
Novice

Post by lavalevel »

ack! How did I miss such an inspiring response of yours!

Hope your views on smart phones has shifted since July. But if not, it will also be available on tablets like the Kindle Fire, Galaxy, and Nook. Also I think those responsible for my SDK is making are also making it so I can build to a Mac. If that is the case, Windows would not be far along so a pc/mac port is definitely a possibility.

If you like ze Pixelated look, check this out...I have pins/buttons!
http://questlord.us6.list-manage.com/su ... ec7e428ae4
http://questlord.us6.list-manage.com/su ... ec7e428ae4

Thanks for the encouragement!