Guess the game

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
boyflea
Expert

Re: Guess the game

Post by boyflea »

Bob Wakelin; pretty much took everything from photos :)

One of those artists who worked from photos to compose outlandish fantasy action images: worth checking out, :)
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Not ringing any bells.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I don;t recognise it either.
Expert

Post by boyflea »

Sorry for finding obscure games... :)
ok, hint:
Spoiler
David Bowie features heavily in this game
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Sorry, even the hint doesn't help at all - all I can ascertain from the graphics is that it looks like it's from the late '90s or thereabouts :D.
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Sorry, even the hint doesn't help at all - all I can ascertain from the graphics is that it looks like it's from the late '90s or thereabouts :D.
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Nope... No idea either.
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

It was the game where you could play many different people, provided you died: Primarily a Dreamcast game, made by the guys who later went on to make Farenheit and Heavy Rain. But I never played those, just this very odd game.:)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

That may partly explain why I've never heard of it then, if it was on the Dreamcast - I'm not much of a console gamer as it is and I never owne or even physically saw a Dreamcast :D. I think you might just have to tell us the answer, unless someone pops up who does know the game and nwo has enough info to remember it ;).
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Using the hint, this gives : "Omikron: The Nomad Soul".
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

Sphenx Wins! :D
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

That one must have passed me by. Then again, I never had (or played) a Dreamcast.
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

I should be more conventional, so a Korean multi-player party-game probably not on your list either, ;) (It was incredibly fun btw)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Don't recognise that one at all but I'm guessing it's one of those music games where you have to hit the beats at the right moment and stuff.
Expert

Post by boyflea »

I think I should stop posting my more exotic games
Spoiler
Bishi Bashi Special
So I'll end with this one:

X
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

So that's either Space Invaders or one of its many clones :D
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

I had seen Nomad Soul a long time ago, but I wouldn't have been able to remember the title. As for the latest screenshot, I am going to second Ameena's guess.

How about this one:
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Judging by the banner in the background I'm gonna say one of the however many Lord of the Rings-based games there are now.
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Nope, but not a million miles off.

Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ah, don't know then, I'm afraid - I only guessed LotR because the tree on the banner in the background is like the symbol for Minas Tirith...
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Telltale's Game of Thrones for oh-brother's one.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

And TI Invaders for boyflea :) among tons of clones !
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Spot on!
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

And yes, everyone knows Space Invaders - but Sphenx wins again (though it is in the filename ;) ) the TI-99/4a was an awesome machine... :)
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

I did not look at the filename (but you could have named it differently !) - what specifically differentiates that clone is the shape of player's ship. I searched through many clones lists and old computers to finally match it.
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

Apologies Sphenx - did not wish to imply seriously that you cheated and would note how consistently good at spotting games posted here you have been, so I do apologise. My only excuse is that I remember playing games like this, and even more: that battery-warm-plastic smell! :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hmm, I have no idea on this one...looks like yet another distant descendant/relative of Space Invaders...
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

boyflea wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:31 am Apologies Sphenx - did not wish to imply seriously that you cheated and would note how consistently good at spotting games posted here you have been, so I do apologise.
Don't worry I'm apparently in a good mood for some games deduction and the previous ones I replied to were giving away strong hints (at least for me) -- I did not play any of them .. that TI Invaders was more challenging then wanted also to tell it took me some time to distinguish it from the many clones of Space Invaders all looking the same.

For the last one, I would say the handheld Galaxy Invader 1000. And .. it even looks like a digital remake as the screenshot is rather looking neat.
http://gamesyouloved.com/game-genre/han ... ader-1000/

What about this one ?
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

Galaxy Invader 1000 is spot-on :) - and thanks for the video, (the bleepy music it plays brought back memories!) man, we settled for really slow screen updates back then ;).

mining... blobs, elves and wizards.. in a sort-of Dig-Dug universe... looks like a fun mash-up of ideas... but sadly cannot guess this one...