Vaporum - new steampunk style modern DM game

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Vaporum - new steampunk style modern DM game

Post by Gambit37 »

Now this looks lovely: VAPORUM. A new DM style game set in a steampunk world. Great to see the classic gameplay in a different setting for a change.
http://www.vaporum-game.com/media/

It's just been Greelit on Steam too. My gaming is very limited these days, but this could draw me back.... Nice :)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =878159146
boyflea
Expert

Re: Vaporum - new steampunk style modern DM game

Post by boyflea »

It seems incredibly similar to Grimrock - same guys? But yes, looks great! :)
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Nope, it's not the Grimrock guys, they have a completely new game in the works (a turn based thingy).

I guess the downside of all these modern dungeon crawlers is that Grimrock will forever be the 'daddy' -- the same way DM was back in the day ;-)
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Looks like it takes place way in the future, doom like style. For me it would be all about the controls. This game looks very interesting indeed.
keep your gor coin handy
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

I know what you mean about controls... I've never got far into 'Eye of the Beholder' because the keys are too awkward - sorry, did I just admit that here?
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

It takes some getting used to. Black Crypt was also different, then there was Crystal Dragon which was a fantastic game, loved the controls. It's all about the controls.
keep your gor coin handy