still alive

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: still alive

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

thanks for the comfort, he will be in my heart forever. he now can influence my life from a different place. thank you all for your special caring thoughts
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

:( it's been nearly a year since he's past on. i miss him :( my sister just joined him today :(:(:( but she believed in the spirits, and felt comfort, and did not go in fear.
celebrate her passing is all she asked. she loved life, very happy, laughing and emotional, she had such great spirit. i will miss her :(
keep your gor coin handy
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Your sister as well? Condolenses. :( Was it expected?
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. If you don't mind my asking, how did it happen?

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Sorry to hear that CS, condolences.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

:( I'm so sorry. Condolences from me too.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

That is very sad for you and your family. Not much I can say, but you have my thoughts and best wishes.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

thank you all... it is much appreciated

she passed away from multi forms of cancer that spread through her bones like wildfire then to her organs :(
it happened fast, last christmas to mid april.

thank you all for you kindness
keep your gor coin handy
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ahh, that can happen fast, yeah - friend of mine went in three weeks in the middle of last year. Pretty nasty thing, that cancery stuff :(.
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

she lived in the US, only saw her last Christmas :( was just in the process to take a trip, and didn't get a chance :( so if there is a loved one that is sick with cancer, especially bone, don't wait too long, it can happen quick.
keep your gor coin handy
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Ouch, that's horrible. To many people around me have passed away from cancer recently. Even - you wouldn't believe it - a two years "old" baby!

And I know that it's terrible when people die suddenly or very fast - on the other hand, with cancer, it might be better from a certain perspective - they don't suffer too long, if you know what I mean. My grandfather died of cancer a few years ago and it was very sudden - even two weeks before his death he had still been able to teach (in his 70s) and work in the garden and live a more or less normal life. Seeing people in lying bed, suffering and dying for years (like my other grandfather), is much worse.

Our thought are with you!
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah, I wouldn't fancy seeing someone spend ages basically falling apart (physically or mentally) due to some kind of disease or other condition. I wouldn't fancy that happening to me either - I'd rather die off pretty quickly so those who want to rememebr me will have an easier reference to think back over me being fine rather than having to sort through ages of me being all skinny and horrible or a "vegetable" before they found some good memory.
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

I'd hate to have to watch a loved one fade away into nothing. I'm sure that it being quick would be the easiest, and the most acceptable (for others/relatives). I feel that relatives shouldn't have their last memories of a loved one be spoiled by having to watch doctors/nurses swarming all over them, or watching them pass slowly and painfully.

I must say that I'm glad to hear that she knew what was coming, and accepted it. It'd be sooo hard to hear "you have cancer"... I can't even imagine what that must be like. You have my deepest sympathies.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

well said and thought, thanks.
@jan - most of the time cancer gives ample time for loved ones to say goodbye, so in that respect cancer takes away the sudden loss, but sometimes it happens real fast. her husband had permission to inject a strong dose of some sort of chemical so she'd pass away in her sleep, i guess they allow that in US and Canada, was not informed of it, but she gave me a goodbye call so she must of planned it. she was ready to die, but i'd not like to be her husband that injects the overdose. she passed in her own bed, what she wanted. my father felt the same way as your grandfather did, he did not want to burden my mom any longer, told me straight out that he did not want to live anymore like this. he stopped eating, but his heart went on for 4 days, he had a big heart, i really miss him :( a very kind man even after being tortured with 12 children, not everyone can do that is what i told him, you've out done us all. his last request was of me was to keep the family together, that's all he cared about.
@fippy - i feel the same as you on that one, like Stephen Hawking is a good example you can be something, but only if you're provided with a 24/7 care. he'd not survive without it. all you need is the mind though, like that trek episode, The Gamesters of Triskelion. three brains in a dome, i wager 1000 quatloos it will happen in the future. i saw a clip on deoxy web site how Russian scientists cut a dogs head off, then reconnected it's head to a heart lung machine, and the dog came back to life, just its head! freaking bizzare. very strange place for learning stuff.
@lord_bones - nobody wants to hear the word cancer, but cancer can be the key to conciousness, for it is widely believed by scientists that our brain is formed from a deffect caused by a tumor, which is why we have rediculously large forehead and grey brain matter, oh, i forgot the name of it. some scientists believe that it is the cancer cell that has the answer to longer life if they could slow down the 50 cell division before cell death, which i think is what cancer does. so it is possible that in the end, cancer may be the reason of reasoning, the human WHY, but you know scientists, they make up lots of theories, like Global Warming, or the world is flat, or the earth is the centre of the universe, the ozone layer is disappearing etc
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I miss my dad and my son... I love reading my old work and laughing at it. I wonder if anyone understood the reason why no caps were used. I was trained to do that from some people from Berkeley University as an experiment. We did a lot of psychological tests, spent years chatting with these individuals who were doing their own tests, this was before people had personal computers or cell phones which was part of their tests. I learned so much from those people, certainly not to believe anything I read, hear or see without doing homework on the material, lol.
keep your gor coin handy