one sided wallset

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ebeneezergude
Expert

one sided wallset

Post by ebeneezergude »

Is it possible in RTC to have a wallset that only affects one face of a wall tile? Ie like DSB does, where you can specify all of the tile, or, individually on one of the four faces of the tile? In RTC I can only make a wallset fill an entire wall tile, which means the wallset graphic can appear in an adjacent room when I don't want it to, unless I space the rooms/corridors out to have a clear tile in between, which spreads the dungeon out a bit. I can't seem to find anything in RTC to do this. Thanks!
terkio
Mon Master

Re: one sided wallset

Post by terkio »

This reminds me when I tried to redraw a wall to hide a lever displayed in the old state. I found no way.
RTC draws wall items over the wall and ? other items ? is the drawing order well defined ? who knows.
Sorry, no answer, more questions !
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Wallsets occupy an entire tile in RTC.

You can use triggers though, to turn it on and off depending where the party are standing....
ebeneezergude
Expert

Post by ebeneezergude »

Gambit37 wrote:Wallsets occupy an entire tile in RTC.

You can use triggers though, to turn it on and off depending where the party are standing....
Now that is a cunningly, fiendishly, dastardly good bit a lateral thinking.... :wink:
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

As for the lever thing, just use an invisible lever (a completely transparent image, the size and location of the lever)
And I personally have used the trick Gambit mentioned, using floor triggers with constant-weight to flick the wallset on/off when you stand in the right location.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone