DMT 2 v0.06 released

Modern experimental clones programmed by forum member Rasmus.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Rasmus
Ee Master

Re: DMT 2 v0.06 released

Post by Rasmus »

I am going away on vacation for a week now, so I woun't be able to answer any posts until then.. Take care all :D
Beastman666
Journeyman

Post by Beastman666 »

So at least. Tested Version Debug3b on my "cursed" laptop. Version runs without the hangs (except for one hand right at the starting position of the characters at the very start of the game) but at low FPS. Two debug-screens below:

Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

I'm back :)

Thanks beastman!
The first screenshoot seems alittle bit weird because it doesn't seems to show me why the fps are so low :? But the second screenshot shows that the particles from the fire are taking ALOT out of the computer (almost 10 fps), I can't really say if it is the cpu or the gpu that is the problem, but I know that it needs some more work..

About the hangs on your newer computer, if it is posible for you to run the new version (3b) about 2 minutes (where it hangs alot) and then check the folder where you have extracted DMT2. There should be a file there then named "Debug.txt". It should show me where the hangs are exactly :) (you could mail me the file at rasmus_ljunggren@hotmail.com)

Thanks as always for helping me!
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

I got a request too for the simple version. There's a chance that it hangs up with an endless error message because it tries to create a deffered texture when this mode is turned off. Spotted it when trying to do something with the skull symbol I think.
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

I have got a mail from beastman that explained the hangs a little bit more, and now I am a little bit closer..
@bit: Do you mean that a messegebox is created in the background of the game? This has happend for me too :? I will try to change the way the game is handeling errors, because sometimes it can be alittle bit too sensitiv.. But what do you mean with the "skull symbol"?
DSE
Lo Master

Post by DSE »

Hi all ! I really want to give this a go but when I download the package and run the application (after the setup) I just get a blank black screen, no error messages. I can see cpu activatity but nothing gets rendered. Am I doing something wrong ?
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

Well, one character died, I picked the skull, wanted to place it somewhere and then it happened.
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Some people have had these problems since I upgraded the fonts :S

Try downloading this instead to a seperate map and run it: http://dmtribute.webs.com/Files/DMT2/DMT%20V0.061.rar
If the screen is still black.. Just press "Y", and when the choose champion screen comes up, press "SPACE", and the game will run.

Please tell me how it went :)

That sounds weird Bit.. Do you know in what situation? Was it possible that your other champions died to? Because then I can understand the problem a little bit more, the dieing scene only repeates the last rendered frame, and when deferred rendering is off, this doesn't work as it should (for now) :S