TV: Sarah Connor Chronicles (*** possible spoilers ***)

Discuss anything about your favourite books, TV, films, cinema, theatre, music, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

TV: Sarah Connor Chronicles (*** possible spoilers ***)

Post by Gambit37 »

I've been looking forward to this for some time and finally watched the trailer tonight on Virgin 1.

I loved it! Although it was highly derivative of T2, it was exactly because of them that it worked for me. I'm so glad they are ignoring T3 and going down the more interesting storyline of the Terminator franchise.

There was enough action to satisfy the sc-fi geek in me, and just enough exposé to setup following episodes and also inform those who haven't seen the films.

I'm liking the casting at the moment, though Thomas Dekker as John Connor looks a bit wet just yet. Not sure he'll grow on me.

Oh, and Summer Glau looks hot. Enough said. ;)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Seriously. :P
T3 was a giant load of... well, something unpleasant. You people seem to have a lot more colo(u)rful words for these kinds of things than us. ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I dislike T3 too, but incase you hadn't noticed they aren't ignoring it, just showing the future being fluid. For example, sarah's cancer scare. I don't think they are doing anything to contradict any of the film canon, just of course building on it and since the future is fluid - well, they can alter what they like so the third film doens't happen!

LIke stargate before it, this series started off expanding the premise in a logical way. UNlike stargate, perhaps because the series has a more established set of films and I like them more, it's taken me more to get into it.

I've just wathec it and 'meh'd it for a few episodes, but the last few have really won me over. I do think the series has potential

Of course, because TV land has to be instant gratifiction, while I think this general view is shared (it was oooooooook, some people stopped watching, others carried on and are starting to enjoy it) there is alreayd runour it will be cancelled

Ce la vie. I had thought terminator was a franchise that would be given a chance, but heh, of course that would only be on the sci fi network or another network liek that
Zalewa_PL
Neophyte

Post by Zalewa_PL »

beowuuf wrote: there is alreayd runour it will be cancelled
Yeah, this rumor been here since pilot episode. Being great Terminator nerd I'm checking forums for T:SCC several times per day and I could split people there to 3 groups:
1) people who watch and love it/think it's fine
2) people who watch it, then go to forums, write how retarded it is, then continue to watch it anyway
3) people who create "Too bad it's going to get cancaledd" topics.
Besides there are already rumors that it's not going to get cancelled, but who knows. Trying to say anything before Fox's official statement is like trying to figure out who is the final Cylon or what is the black smoke from Lost.

Personally I was afraid that the show will continue T3's act of destruction but still couldn't wait to see the first episode. It has its bad moments, like the actor who played the evil teacher Terminator from the pilot - Cromartie - shouldn't make such funny facial expressions when chasing John, or in the recent (1x07) episode the recording of Sarah in mental institution was very cheesy. Overall I have to say that it's far better than I've expected and I hope it stays for several seasons.
Former alias: RobikZ
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Just watched the last of the 9 episodes. OMG OMG OMG! I love it, just what the doctor ordered!

Yes, it's flawed, yes some of the casting is a bit off, yes there are plot holes -- but I don't care. The tone is just right and it's going in an interesting direction, and this is the first cliffhanger ending I've seen for years that has really left me impatient for more.

No idea what will happen, but I think it's a safe bet we'll get a season 2. It was the writer's strike that derailed it, there's obviously a lot more story there and I can't see a good reason for it not being picked up, unless ratings were really terrible.

More please! :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I keep meaning to watch the last episode, will need to remember over the weekend!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Wooty! Virgin Media are showing series two from next week -- I didn't even realise it was ready yet! So of course this led me to check the torrents and I see 5 episodes are available already!

Awesomeness indeed :-D

Crikey, I'm such a geek...
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Nothing wrong with being a geek at all (after all, aren't we all here?)

Still no sign of Miss Connor coming to Germany anytime soon... :(
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Did you see series 1? I can send you a DVD of the AVIs if you like?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Thanks for the offer Gambit, but it's ok. :D I'm not such a huge fan of ongoing TV shows anyway (with the exception of House, M.D.), so it would probably just gather dust here and give me a bad conscience for causing such an effort and cost for you.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Actually, that's made me feel guilty towards Beo now. He did a whole bunch of DVDs for me last year and I still haven't watched most of them! :oops:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*shakes fist*