[Custom dungeon] Eye of the Beholder [RTC] [Remma12]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Re: [RTC] Eye of the Beholder

Post by Lunever »

Try to lure the Kuo-Toa into an area where you have enough space to sidestep the fireball. Use the mouse for fighting and the keyboard for moving.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

That's always an option too... unless you have the Kuo-Toa re-spawn as they did in the original game... :?:

also, if I remember that level correctly, such areas are few and far between, and, depending on how you handled the stairs (ie regular DM style stairs where you can just go up/down by entering the tile the stairs are on, or EoB/DM2 style ladders where you have to click on them to go up/down a level) could either make or break the stair dance option if a kuo-toa drives the party back that far.
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Hi,
I hope someone remembers "Eye of Beholder"...
I am currently on the dwarfen-level, in a quite safe place (room near pits with the 2 dwarfen-keys) with doors I can close, near the big room. However, it is very difficult to leave the place, there are countless dwarfens around - can it be that they respawn? I killed more than 15 (there werent so many when I first entered the big hall), and I can still hear some going around... There are several other doors with dwarfens behind - but I didnt even dare to let them open!...
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I don't know the RTC version of EOB, but in the original EOB fighting the Dwarves was not needed and not intended. They just kept stying in place and doing nothing as long as you did not attack them.
In fact, you needed the Dwarves to help you solve some quests.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Sorry, actually it was not the dwarfs, I meant the guys with a bird-head a level below, hard to fight and spitting poison..
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Actually it was the Dwarves.

I haven't played through the RTC version, but in the original, you shouldn't attack the dwarves, if you talk to the dwarf priest, you can make him ressurect the found bones of dead npcs (much like an Altar of Vi in Dungeon Master).

The guys with the bird heads are called Kenkus, and they are just hostile monsters.

You can bribe the Drow (dark elves) with kenku eggs to stay non-hostile, but in the original game they will stand still and block your way in several parts of the dungeon. A better use for the Kenku eggs though is to put them into the Kenkus Nest, you'll be rewarded with a halberd +5.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Lunever wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:28 pm A better use for the Kenku eggs though is to put them into the Kenkus Nest, you'll be rewarded with a halberd +5.
And the alcoves on the Mantis level to be rewarded with some rings.
hellbringer21
Neophyte

Post by hellbringer21 »

Hi all links are dead has anyone still got this on the HDD ?
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I have updated the first post with a link to the Shared OneDrive where lots of custom dungeons are available for download.
hellbringer21
Neophyte

Post by hellbringer21 »

Thanks so much mate. Everything i need is in that folder cheers