[Custom dungeon] Hellgate Tavern I [RTC] [Zed5Duke]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Re: [RTC] Hellgate Tavern

Post by Zed5Duke »

PaulH wrote: (another bunch of nonsense)
I think you throw dices 1d10 thats why your review scores look so randomly.

You cant use different scale for each new game, and you must be responsible for it. If you gived overall 4 for worst possible style of dungeon to make, and later give overall +2,5 for dungeon designed in all his parts, then as you see its something wrong. In fact i dont care about reviews, i dont read them, just found that is something wrong in numbers. Am trying to be always very accurate when see any mathematic, and its all reason of my thoughts.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Zed, Paul ghave his opinion, you disagree with it, that's fine. People are trying to explain reasons his opinion, and they are probably going overboard, but that will stop.

However, stop insulting him directly because you disagree with him, when all he has done is play your game and offer you his opinion, or I will lock this thread

To my point on review and scores.

SCORES ARE PATHETIC. You seem to agree. They seem to be required for mass consumption, yet really say nothing substantive.

You are wrong when you say you cannot have different scales, that is exactly the weakness of scores in reviews. How do you compare a total fighting dungeon to a total puzzle dungeon. How do you compare something that is doing inhenerntly new, but finds interesting ways to retread those those boards, with those that do something completely new, and yet because of that are difficult to play. Both deserve reward for 'originalty'

Numbers are there because people want to know what to buy/play/use, even when it compare apples and oranges. So scores are prevelant. However, a review is always ALWAYS the words. Scores can only show the depth of the words.

So there is no point arguing with the numbers, they are not maths, they are simply defining a language point that is not bound maths.

So if you don'#t care about reviews and scores, stop picking on the numbers and missing the point of them, and certainly stoip doing it in a way that's insulting the people I assume you release the dungeon for.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I see it as the number-scores being a way of saying "I thought this about this part of the game so I'll score it this out of ten because in this instance, this is what I thought of it" - it's just the person's opinion based on that thing alone without necessarily comparing it to past (in this case) dungeons. You might give someone a really high score for some really cool music they used in a dungeon because it's all atmospheric and really adds to the background and stuff, and then give another dungeon a really low score for music even though it uses the same track because that track is played much louder and overrides other sounds and gets in the way of general gameplay.
Or something.
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

I dont care about anybody opinions, am talk here about mathematic

If game A is count as 4 and B as 6 then it mean that game B is 1,5x better from game A. But let say game A is worst possible rubbish, and game B is 10x better from it. Then using the same scale game B should be count as 40 points.

If numbers are are other way to describle something beside words, and he make so huge number mistakes, then it mean that all he have to say is nonsense.

If once you used X scale for counting, then you cant change it when see new thing. Because its like pay 4 dollars for potatos and later 6 dollar for gold nugget, and say "when i seen before potatos they look very valuable to me, and i count them as worth 4 dollars, now you have something better, but i have only ten dollars, so now am count its worth as 6 dollar from all my money"

Is that clear now, or i must explain it again like for 3 years kid ?
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Zed, please, try not to offend other people. Try to remain polite and express your opinions in a neutral and polite way, as Gambit and Beo suggested above. We are here not to argue or "fight", but for entertainment. We all have expressed our opinions clearly before, and there seems to be no "final" solution for this matter, so let's abandon this subject and talk about your games and other stuff. :wink:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I'll lock the thread and delete my comment thta was here, I don't think anything further is served here.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*bump* as new dungeon
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

hello, i play this dungeon, and it's a cool dungeon, but i'm stuck near the end, when i came back to the start to give gold to the old guard, there's is two people and i don't know how to open the door.
I have the bloody stone (or thing like this),it's the fifth gem found earlier, but it doesn't work to open the door, when i clic on the hole, nothing happen... Did i've missed something?
bruno
thank for you're help