[RTC] Dungeon Survival

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: [RTC] Dungeon Survival

Post by beowuuf »

Can you use the dagger on something wooden now? I need to play this dungeon soon, by the sounds of it! Have it downloaded, just need to fire RTC up at some point!
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

beowuuf wrote:Can you use the dagger on something wooden now? I need to play this dungeon soon, by the sounds of it! Have it downloaded, just need to fire RTC up at some point!
Ahhhh. I'll have to try that.
Iv found a wooden shield....maybe it can be used in conjunction with the dagger.

Im enjoying this dungeon so far. Its just...a bit on the brutally difficult side :D
Romero and Carmack NEED to re-group.Modern gaming needs to be saved from the greedy bastards who are ruining it all.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Zed's dungeons tend to combine difficulty with cool ideas. If you enjoy this one, you can do worse than checking out some others such as Nightkin or Ravenhood afterwards!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Playing Elija the beggar. Gone into a corridor, door closes behind me. Picked up Faerie bones and put them in the picture frame and resurrected her. She only lasts a couple of steps but I manage to get magic dust. There is a door at the other end of the corridor which I have tried blasting through without any success. Now I am stuck in this corridor. I have managed to achieve Novice Wizard. Anyone else playing the beggar that can help.
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

@ The master

You got it easy!!
Im surrounded by purple worms,pain rats,and Mummies....with a dagger as my weapon.Fighting in total darkness :) :)
Romero and Carmack NEED to re-group.Modern gaming needs to be saved from the greedy bastards who are ruining it all.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Don't worry, I'm sure the worms have tremorsense, the pain rats can scent you, and the mummies have darksight, so they can all find you ok. Don;t you worry about them!

Or did I misunderstand the problem? :D
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

**Crafting discoveries**
Im playing as the Barbarian character class.
Spoiler
Sharpen the blunt knife on a rock to turn it into a Dagger
Spoiler
Combine poisonous mushrooms with a dagger to get the chance of a 'Critical hit' on monsters
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Um. I think I'm really getting rusty or something but how on Earth have all of you managed to leave the first bloody room (with the three bloody alcoves)? You're talking about a pit but I can't find any. I only managed to put the bones into the central alcove and thus closed the door behind me and that's all. I feel like a complete idiot. :|

EDIT: Alright, ignore me, I finally found the solution after a rather long row of random actions. It's very cool, anyway! :)
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

lord soth 75 wrote: Is it possible to craft a Torch?
(...)
I thought about trying to make a makeshift torch out of needle bone and stink rags...but no luck.
Yes its possible, and you are actualy in half way to succes, torches can be made from items found on level 2 (keep in mind that savage have strong kick)
the master wrote:She only lasts a couple of steps but I manage to get magic dust.
She is powerfull healer but extremly weak at begining, dont waste her life, dust is need to get her equipment.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Have you ever noticed that Zed solves a problem by giving you another problem instead of an answer. Zed in plain English how do I get out of this corridor please?
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

Zed5Duke wrote: Yes its possible, and you are actualy in half way to succes, torches can be made from items found on level 2 (keep in mind that savage have strong kick)
@ Zed5Duke
Yes.Iv found some small wooden planks (from the rat lair door), but i cant seem to combine them with anything in my inventory to create a torch.
Iv found a small area that is 'very hot'...Placed the planks on the altar and expected a fire to start...But nothing happened.

Iv got needle bone.wooden planks x2.A lot of sacks of flour.Stink Rags.Rust dust x4.Mummy Dust x4.A treasure chest (that i need to repair)

But...i just dont understand what i have to do to create a torch.

Have i missed something on this level Zed?
Until i have a light source,there is little point in going down to level 3.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

the master
you must solve puzzle of snake

lord soth 75
if hall of champions is level 0 then room with pit is level 1
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Zed what snake. I haven't found a snake. I have
Spoiler
2 snakes eyes
but haven't found a place in the corridor to put them.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

OK worked the snake out and am progressing quite well I think. Have got to a "hot pit" and can't work out how to get across it and I have a key hole but no key close to where I used the key of B. Need 2 coins for some slot down near the hot pit. Also can't work out if there is anything to do by what looks like an oven and says "its very hot here".
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Got across the hot pit and got the chest. Still can't work out how to get over the fire to the door behind it as when I step on it I get killed instantly. Also missing a key still for the doors near key of B. I would think that the fire in front of the door needs something on it - but what?
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

@ Zed

More questions.

PS: Thanks for the subtle hint about Torch. I now FINALLY have 4 torches.

Im confused by the area that is "Very hot here" - Do i need to find something to use on that part?
Is their any relevance to the open pit (Where the sticks for Torch were located)
What is the relevance of the 2 blue hazes?

Also.....Is there ANY hidden food on level 2? My character is now practically starving to death.

Iv just found a large area with Skeletons and a Beholder.Picked up a Plate from the wall...but there is no way out of the room,and the Beholder always kills me.
Do i have to kill every creature in this room in order for the doors to open?

**Crafting Discoveries**
Spoiler
Combine Iron rust with the wooden club to create a War Club
Spoiler
Mix Mummy Dust and rust dust to create a poison antidote
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

the master wrote:Also can't work out if there is anything to do by what looks like an oven and says "its very hot here".
@ The master
That oven thing is confusing me too.Dont know if i need to put items on it or not.
This is a tough dungeon so far.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

That oven thing is actualy.. guess what? OVEN!
It will solve your food problem.. but I cant tell straight answers for everything
the master wrote:Still can't work out how to get over the fire to the door behind it as when I step on it I get killed instantly.
Button will make bridge, you dont need to look for it very far from pit
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

Hmm. this sounds interestig from the looks of it. Of course, if the people that are actually good at DM/CSB are getting stuck, theres no hope for me. *downloading, expect a flurry of questions shortly*
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Zed5Duke wrote:That oven thing is actualy.. guess what? OVEN!
It will solve your food problem.. but I cant tell straight answers for everything
the master wrote:Still can't work out how to get over the fire to the door behind it as when I step on it I get killed instantly.
Button will make bridge, you dont need to look for it very far from pit
Which pit are you talking about Zed. Do you mean the one by the flying chest.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Have got the
Spoiler
pixie shield, pixie sword and the pixie clothing
Have
Spoiler
touched the 3 switches with the pixie sword and killed the flying things
. Still can't get past the door with the flames in front of it.
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

Zed5Duke wrote:That oven thing is actualy.. guess what? OVEN!
@ Zed

In all fairness.It may well be an oven...But,if i don't have any food to put on the oven...It hardly solves my problem does it?
The only food i have managed to find since starting is 1 Loaf of bread,2 worm rounds,and a Brown Mushroom.
The white mushrooms are poisonous,as is the shank left by the dead Pain rats.

My character is now in red status of starvation.
He has managed to slay mummies,Pain rats,and a purple worm,armed with just a dagger.But there is only so much further he will be able to continue unless MAJOR hints are given as to HOW to find food.And how to use this oven.My character isn't superman.

And i still have a roomful of skeletons and a Beholder to tackle.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Agree with lord soth 75. Its all very well testing a dungeon but its a different thing playing it. The tester (probably Zed) knows how to do everything and therefore takes less time than the player who has to think everything through and will be about 5 to 10 times slower than the tester. All the time his characters are running low on food. I think Zeds dungeons are very good but he could be a bit more generous with the hints. If he doesn't want to give all players the answers then he should use the spoiler coverup facility and only players wanting hints in order to proceed can look at them if they wish.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

lord soth I have sent you a PM with a clue if you need it.
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

@ The master
RE-This Dungeon.
This is the first Custom dungeon iv ever played,and i think its terrific so far.I'll definitely be trying out Zeds other work.
Its everything that i want in a custom dungeon.It uses the traditional DM 1 graphics and Monsters ect.It plays true to the original.

However...The only problem with it,is that it isn't allowing me the luxury of time to solve any problems i encounter because my character is persistantly starving to death.
I cant sit and ponder what to do with this item,and what to do with that item,because im running out of time.

Just 1 apple is all i need. lol.
Its a meagre request.Just a piece of corn...ANYTHING!! :lol:

I don't mind games being tough.I prefer a challenge.......But at least give me a fighting chance.

Also
@ The master
Spoiler
I read your pm.The staff that you speak of,is exclusive to the Beggar characters game.The Fighter doesn't have a staff to open the door.It looks like iv got to empty the room of monsters by killing them.And i think one of them will drop a key.Which could be problematic...as the way things are,My character will die of starvation during the fight
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I wish Zed would come back on and explain the lack of food in this dungeon. As I said previously its ok for a tester because he can do the dungeon quicker and therefore not suffer from the lack of food.
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

So far, I really like the crafting and replay options, how the dungeon is different for each player. It took me a second to figure out how to get oiut of the first room without dying. I think its really neat how the items have different uses, and I'm looking forward to experimenting!

My only complaint so far is the food problem with Halk (only tried him and the thief so far). I can't get anywhere! My food bar was red within 15 minutes of gameplay and then I died while fighting the
Spoiler
mummies in the first area behind the broken gate
because I was too slow to avoid their attacks.

Please consider raising the bar just a little. Its not fun to play if you die from hunger/thirst within 20 mins and cant regen health when you are getting mobbed by enemies.

I love the crafting concept, though!
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

@ The master
The lack of food is ruining an otherwise really good dungeon.
Cant make maps.Cant test walls for switches.Cant knock on walls..because all those actions take time,and time is something the dungeon is not allowing me.

@ raixel
The crafting is really cool.i agree.

btw
Spoiler
Don't bother fighting the mummies.Just find the key...and make your way to the locked gate.There is NO point in wasting time on killing the mummies on level 2.You have Pain rats to look forward to on the next level down.And by that point,you will be gasping for food and dying of hunger
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I don't have that problem as I am playing the beggar and can just blast them out of the way. At the moment I have killed off everything its just puzzles I have to solve.
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

@ The master
What i would give just to bump into a few screamers right now :lol: :lol: