[RTC] Dungeon Survival

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Re: [RTC] Dungeon Survival

Post by Zed5Duke »

Its Dungeon Survival so food and light or climbing is real issue

Savage have largest amount of food items, but he must craft this food (dirty shank: do something to clean it and.. something else which can be cook on oven)

Beggar have pixie which after leveling create food, before that he must eat mushrooms and think fast to survive

And about flame before door, am not sure we talk about the same location
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

The flame before door is just down from the second level where you go through the door that is opened by the key of B. As you go down the stairs it is on the left.

Pixie has been killed RIP. Hoping there is an Altar of Rebirth somewhere later where I can get her back.
Last edited by the master on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I have now found myself in a room with a fountain spouting red liquid in the middle. Also in the room is a demon. Around the edges of the room are fireballs that shoot out when you step on plates. I must have hit the Demon with a 100 fireballs but still can't kill him. Is he killable and how do I get out of the room. I have noticed a Ra symbol on the wall but don't know if I have the item needed. Do I have to kill the Demon to get the item to put on the symbol on the wall?
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Ok I known about what fire you talking, its alternate way for poet and savage to get trough this level (without solve snake puzzle)

Its no way to resurrect pixie, she is extremly fragile person, but its possible to keep her alive and make stronger. Probably worth efforts because her hidden talents.

Red fountain is final level I can give you only clue that demon is immortal.

BTW I made gfx improvement to this dungeon DS 1.1.zip Just new intarface if somebody is bored about this from DM1, file include bitmaps to use in own custom dungeons.

the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Demon is immortal........ help.

Can you give me a clue to the object I need to trigger the Ra lock on the wall.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Wow, that new interface looks great! :shock:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Thanx, spell and weapon box by me, arrows merged from "victorian symbols" found in google

Last clue will be.. destroy source of evil and use something somewhere
Spoiler
WHAT SHOULD I DO HELP ME SOMEBODY ITS TOO HOT HERE!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Finished. Well with a bit of help from Zed. Well done Zed great dungeon wish it had been a bit longer but you can't have everything.
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

@ Zed

Couple of questions.

1-
Spoiler
Im stuck at a section where there is many Blue Trolls and a Blue Ant man.
Do i have to kill all creatures in this area in order to exit the room? Or is there a 'trick'?
Spoiler
I managed to use the sacks of flour on the oven to create loaves of bread..but,im sure that i tried the same thing yesterday and nothing happened.Needless to say...thanks for the hints Zed. :)
Loving this Dungeon so far. :)
Romero and Carmack NEED to re-group.Modern gaming needs to be saved from the greedy bastards who are ruining it all.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Am speedrun it with savage in 15 minutes, its short game. Have some ideas for part 2 but progress end at create interface.

Clue: ant is boss and you actualy need to kill only him (well easy to say that)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

From what I've seen in the game and what I've read here I think that you guys must be playing a totally different game. :wink:

I've managed to get to level 5 or so, leaving many doors above unopened and areas unexplored and finally got stuck at "Bloody Hell this is too dangerous to go there" (with the stone golems and a flame). I don't know how to go on. Any ideas?

I'm playing with poet. The thing that worries me is that I still haven't found a way to cast spells. I've got a spell book and found many scrolls with spells but I still can't get it working because I can't find the runes - I have the first three "power" runes but no "elemental influence" runes so I can't cast anything.
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

Im now in an area with a series of corridors like a maze.
There is a hole in wall for a gemstone.....But,i cant find a Gem anywhere :(

Also found a room with a Demon and a red water fountain.
Smashed the fountain with weapon..but cant kill the demon.
Iv no idea what to do here.
Im assuming that i need to put a gem in the wall in the maze area,and it will weaken the demon.

@ Zed
Do the fireballs in the demon room harm the demon? I tried killing him by leading him into path of fireballs...but i had no success.
Romero and Carmack NEED to re-group.Modern gaming needs to be saved from the greedy bastards who are ruining it all.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Just finished! Used Halk.

Good dungeon, some neat ideas and puzzles. Will replay wit a different character.
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

Completed it!!!!

REVIEW-DUNGEON SURVIVAL

*Quite tough at the beginning due to lack of food.But...after a couple of tough fights,you will be rewarded with pretty much more than enough food to see you through to the end.

*Really cool 'crafting' feature.Rather than just finding a torch for example..you have to build a rudimentary torch using whatever you find in the dungeon.You can also upgrade weaponry and create new clothing using the crafting options.

*Plenty of the classic DM monsters to hack and slash through.None of those stupid looking DM2 cartoon creatures (apart from a few Bats on the later levels)
There's a really cool 'Boss' battle on one of the later levels,and as is always the case in video games...The Boss is heavily protected by hordes of cronies.

*The Dungeon offers replay value,as the journey through the dungeon differs depending on which character class you choose to play as.

Rating:8/10

Thanks for the dungeon Zed. More of the same please!!

Note- Im still confused as to where the key is that opens the 2 locked doors on level 3. :?
I looked everywhere. Zed...Can those doors be opened??
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Jan
you should be able to pick up a hot boulder in the room with the golems. Don't worry about anything else. Then go to the room at the other end of that corridor with the bats in. Get rid of them and everything will be just great (or should I say grate) if you get rid of that hot boulder somewhere. As for the runes think thats all you will get. Think there is another scroll later on giving you some clues to other spells.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

lord soth I couldn't find that key either Can only assume that someone like the thief can pick the lock.
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Hello everybody!
I'm still stuck in the room with the antman and the blue guys, i'm not able to beat the antman, it's too hard for me. And why i can't use magic? Did i've missed something?
thank you!
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

cocoetnono wrote:Hello everybody!
I'm still stuck in the room with the antman and the blue guys, i'm not able to beat the antman, it's too hard for me. And why i can't use magic? Did i've missed something?
thank you!
Depends which character class you started the dungeon with.
The fighter class cant cast any magic.

Re-The Trolls and Ant boss fight.
Spoiler
Kill one of the Stone Golems and use its Stone club as your weapon against the Antman.It does a ton of damage to the Trolls and you will be able to then bash away at the ant.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I played with Poet and I had the same problem, no magic, no fun. I think I managed to kill the Antman on something like 30th attempt, totally frustrated and having wounds on each body part. I'll give you two advices:

1. Remember that you only need to
Spoiler
kill the Antman, not the Trollins
!

2. Stay in one of the corners. If one of the trollins come, kill him, if more of them come, try to war-cry them away. If an Antman comes, fight him using the side-step-dance, looking around to check that no more trollins are coming. If you're sure that nobody's in sight, save your game in a different slot and try to rest a bit. Try not to walk too much into the centre of the room, try to keep a "low profile", staying at the walls and moving as little as possible.

Generally, it's doable, but very very frustrating.

Good luck!
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

it's too hard!! I've tryed many times and i'm still dying...
With no magic, it's impossible.
I don't know if my character is the poet or the wizard, he have a white bear that all i know. And with me there is a pixie very weak.
It's normal for the magic?
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

White beard? Then it's a beggar.

I don't think anyone can give you more advices - you can either try and succeeed or give up (personally, I managed to defeat the Antman on something like 30th attempt but my character was so wounded that he moved so painfully slowly and I was unable to heal him, so in frustration I quit the game and erased all files :wink: so I 've never finished it). I totally agree with you that this fight is absolutely unbalanced and frustratingly difficult. It's a common problem of Zed's dungeons. But he won't change it - so it's "take it or leave it." :wink: But don't take me wrong - I still like Zed's dungeons very much! :)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Go for the fighter - much the easist way to complete it.
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Ok finally done with the fighter, very easier!
Good game, i hardly waiting dungeon survival 2!
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Hey Zed... just letting you know that the link in the first post is incorrect... It's setup as
"http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/files/dungeon/DS" and not "http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/files/dungeon/DS 1.1.zip"
I went to download it, and it took me a second to figure out why the link didn't work.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

That was my fault, but adding the space or pasting your link doesn't work. Not in a position to check this more until Tuesday I'm afraid
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

Any chance of fixing the link to v1.1?

I'd like to try this game but am getting a 404 error from the alt link, and the main link seems to have expired.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

The second link in the original post works.
I understand, this link is to a first version, and, the new version is the same game but new graphics at the user interface.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

Zed5Duke wrote:Download: DSurvival.zip
This file has expired.
this link to the original version still works
New version 1.1 Download: DS 1.1.zip
(the same dungeon with new interface, include bitmaps to use in custom dungeons)
file has expired
Link broken. Gives a 404 "file not found" error -- this is the link that needs to be fixed.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I'll get to it tonight
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Weirdly I had the file on my HD, have it extracted to a folder, but it isn't actually on the DM.com site. Wonder what happened there. Added it, link should now work.