[RTC] Down

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Re: [RTC] Down

Post by Seriously Unserious »

Does anyone know how to get at the stairs in markeerp that are blocked by an unbashable tree? I tried looking all around them for a fake wall or button or anything and found nothing. I did several laps around the area that the blocked stairs appear in and checked every wall and did nothing but thump on real walls.

Is there some weird trick I need to do to get at these stairs or is this a bug or what?
Florianm
Novice

Post by Florianm »

Seriously Unserious wrote:On a side note, I am curious as to how you managed to set monster appearances to character levels. I am working on a custom dungeon of my own and keying events to character level could be useful for that adventure, or another one I do in the future.
It is a floor trigger set in a place you have to come many times, that triggers a relay. In a relay you have lots of options, especially one the verifies character levels.
Seriously Unserious wrote:Does anyone know how to get at the stairs in markeerp that are blocked by an unbashable tree? I tried looking all around them for a fake wall or button or anything and found nothing. I did several laps around the area that the blocked stairs appear in and checked every wall and did nothing but thump on real walls.
Spoiler
There is a fake wall, but to climb up. Look for it inside the dungeon, not far the beginning.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

@Florianm, thank you both for the clue and for the info on the character levels relay and trigger.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

I've been playing this game some more, and for the most part enjoying the challenge, although some areas are too infested with powerful monsters IMO, but still. Anyways, I came across a puzzle I can't figure out.
Spoiler
In Marseerk, I made it as far as the "Blue Riddles" section, the first riddle, the "I am blue, I have 2 legs" one, I figured it had to be referring to either a trollin or an antman, both of which carry a club, but when I tried putting a club into the alter, nothing happened. Is there something else this could be that I'm not thinking of or something else I have to do first before I take on the riddles? I really have no idea what else in DM is blue and 2 legged and what I would need to use if it's not one of the clubs carried by a trollin/antman.
Florianm
Novice

Post by Florianm »

Spoiler
It's an object. A piece of clothe.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

I think I know what item it is now, but I don't have any with me :( now I'm going to have to do a lot of backtracking to get one, grrr :P.
Spoiler
I guess I might as well stock up on blue things while I'm at it, in case any other blue-related items come up in another riddle.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

I have a couple of riddles I'm struggling with

1-
Spoiler
in the blue riddles: the riddle I am bone and I am blue
2-
Spoiler
in the green riddles: the last riddle: I am green or not
also, one of the riddles was way harder then it needed to be: I am a rope and I am green ??? the item that solved this was an ordinary rope which is brown, so I don't get how it fits with the whole green riddles thing, or why a brown item would be the solution when the riddle clearly says the item should be green, I found this rather misleading
Overall I've been enjoying the challenge of this game despite getting stuck in a couple of places.
Florianm
Novice

Post by Florianm »

The riddles are a sideway, to receive some reward (and a little clue for the end of the game if you find a way to understand it).
Some of the riddles are jokes - or lies. As if it was written DRAGONS on the wall of a screamer room.
There are 5 or 6 scrolls throughout the dungeons that could help you.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

I see. I think I must have found one of them already,
Spoiler
In the bug city I remember picking up a scroll that said something about a blue gem and some coins, which sounds like one of the clue scrolls you mentioned.
Also, where is the cross key? the mage at the beginning said it's in Ligger but I've been as far as I can get in there and haven't found it yet. There is locked door I can't open yet, it requires a key I don't have...
Spoiler
it's the door right below the level with the dragon, and re-spawning giggler gang, so I'm hoping it's beyond that door somewhere and that there's a key around somewhere to open that door that I've missed...
Florianm
Novice

Post by Florianm »

Spoiler
The cross key is hidden in the slide, you can access it on first or fourth level of Liggger. The dragon should have the key you're looking for.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Florianm wrote:
Spoiler
The cross key is hidden in the slide, you can access it on first or fourth level of Liggger. The dragon should have the key you're looking for.
Spoiler
I did kill the dragon but didn't see any key, of course, if it's grey I may have just missed it as it would be very hard to see, or it may have been hiding under a dragon steak and ended up buried somewhere in my magic chest. I suppose I'll have to do some searching around to see if it's there
EDIT: found the missing key, it was hiding under another key in my key bag.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

A couple of areas have me stumped.

1-
Spoiler
I think this one was just after the stair labrynthe, where I come across a room with Oitis and blue mists that teleport my party and thrown items back into the room, acting like force fields and there is an inscription at the entrance to the room that says "pyro pits" but I can't find anything in the area that does anything to open up any new passageways or shut down any of the teleporters. What I have been able to discover so far is that there's a web at the entrence that when I click on it it makes a "whooshing" sound and summons up more Oitis. I have tried scaring them into the cul-de-sacs beyond the blue mists but that hasn't done anything, I tried casting every spell my party can cast at the time into the cul-de-sacs without any results, and can't find any fake walls, buttons, switches or triggers of any kind in the area that have any affect on the blue mists. Is there something I missed earlier in that dungeon that I need to do to shut down any of the blue mists or open something else up so I can get passed that area? Obviously I'm missing something somewhere as I can't find anything that opens up a passage or deactivates any of the teleporters that are blocking my progress.
2-
Spoiler
This next is in the magic user's dungeon (don't remember the name atm) at the "clock" room. There are blue eye-like things on the walls at regular intervals, with small rooms blocked off by ra doors which I'm assuming are opened by pressing the right item to the nearest blue eye thing. In keeping with the clock theme I have tried any item I have in my inventory that has anything to do with time, or looks sort of like a clock. The items I have tried so far include the eye of time, gem of ages, compass, and after all of those failed, I tried literally everything in my party's inventory and nothing works. The only 2 time related items I haven't tried yet are the blue and green magical boxes, mainly because I have those stored at the cross key area and haven't found that dungeon's cross key lock yet.Is there something I'm missing or is the clue about clocks some sort of "red harring" to get me wasting time on that when the real solution's something else entirely?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

There's really no point using spoiler tags for such large amounts of text.
JCG
Mon Master

Post by JCG »

1-Pyro Pits :
Spoiler
Try to light the pit with a pyro. You'll need an Oitus.
2-Great Clock :
Spoiler
Artix will give you a hint. Also, you'll need an object to "examine" these eyes.
....Don't despair. I've spent a long time to solve these two puzzles.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

JCG wrote:1-Pyro Pits :
Spoiler
Try to light the pit with a pyro. You'll need an Oitus.
Thanks for the hints, but for the quoted hint I have to ask how? I've tried to
Spoiler
get a pyro into the pit area but can't get it passed the blue mist. and the Oitis don't pick them up either which is one of the things I tried, and how I eventually got stuck at the pyro pits
JCG
Mon Master

Post by JCG »

Pyro Pits :
Spoiler
There are two kinds of oitu. The greater oitu does not pick the pyro.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Ah, I see, thanks, I'll just have to keep trying until I find the right kind then. :D

Unfortunately I've got my party stuck in the clock area atm, and I don't think I've found the cross key hole for that dungeon yet so I'll have a lot of backtracking over some very annoying traps to get back to the pyro pits area... :(
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Is there anyway you can change the coins for others. i.e 3 silvers for 1 gold etc. I have loads of silver coins but when I went to buy something for 4 gold coins onlky have 3. I have some things to sell but none of them gives me the gold coin I need.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

yes, at the shops. if you want to trade say copper coins for silver, place 5 coppers on either the buy table or the sell table and it'll be replaced with 1 silver. 5 silvers will net you a gold, 5 gold gets you 1 blue gem and so on. Also, a shortcut is to just place your entire coin box on the table and your coins will all be automatically traded up for the most valuable kind available. Just make sure you keep at least 1 gold coin set aside for access to the water, and if you have any sar or gor coins in your coin box and place it on 1 of the tables belonging to the shop that sells you the gor/sar coins then they will be traded back in for their money value, so if you don't want that to happen, don't put your coin box on one of that shop's tables, or remove any gor/sar coins you want to hang on to before hand.