my new dungeon in progress!

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.

what would you rather use as a weapon?

a hammer
21%
a sword
29%
an axe
14%
a spear
29%
an apple
No votes
a wife
No votes
a cat
No votes
a glass bottle
7%

Total votes: 14

Partyoffour717
Novice

my new dungeon in progress!

Post by Partyoffour717 »

i know its not new for me to have some new dungeon in progress but im really putting alot of thought and effort into this dungeon and it might take some time to get it out to the online world and i want it to be rated when it gets out to not asking for a good rating just a rating above -5 stars please lol and when its out please report any bugs or problems this will have more than 17 levels and it will have lots of items 1 of the items that is important is torn pieces of paper that have words on them keep them close you will see why at the end of the game anyways now that im giving hints heres a big one :green valley:page ten:what i see in others is a certain kind of: theres a big spoiler you need all 16 pages which are hidden in different places! you will see why when you play the game
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Re: my new dungeon in progress!

Post by Seriously Unserious »

Looks good so far, I hope you finish this as I'd like to give it a try. Also, if you need any help beta testing it I'm happy to volunteer.
Partyoffour717
Novice

Post by Partyoffour717 »

thanks for your support i will be making a beta for others to try but it might take a while i hope your willing to wait. im not even 5% through yet i'd say the beta will take atleast 2 to 4 weeks. but the game itself could take a month or so. so far i've thought about adding 5 more levels to the 17 just cause of the storyline or side quests or just more land to find other monsters or items im also trying to make an engine so you can choose your class of fighter plus a new money system or trading shops or other towns with other side quests or storyline quests im also trying to make an engine to respawn the enemies which so far has been easy but anyways getting back to the point. i thank you very much for your support and when the beta is out i hope your the first to try it.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

What system are you using for your dungeon?

I'm working on a custom dungeon myself, using the RTC editor, and am wondering if you use something different, and if so what it's like to use.
Partyoffour717
Novice

Post by Partyoffour717 »

i also use RTC but i have to get pics and stuff from other things cause of an error that happened about 5 months ago its very annoying but i get the job done i use to use something else but i stopped using it i forget what it was called but it had a kinda retro version of RTC look to it. i also have an old S.N.E.S. and dungeon master for it i unlocked a creator mode on it but my av cords for my S.N.E.S. shorted i should be getting more soon though oh btw do you have any grass ground like stuff? if not do you know where i can get one like it? oh and the engine for choosing your class is getting closer and closer to getting finished. your also creating a dungeon? sounds good the more the dungeons the better i cant wait to see what it will be like oh and one more thing. my brain hurts from staying awake all night i gotta get some sleep wish me luck for the dungeon
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Good luck on your dungeon.
do you have any grass ground like stuff
If you're using the RTC editor, it should have that in the wallsets for "misty" and "thicket" included with the editor. As far as custom wallsets go, I have made a wooden plank wallset, to make rustic-looking wooden buildings out of.

If you're planning on having an outdoor portion to your dungeon, here's a random weather generator system I created a few weeks back, and you're welcome to use it, or modify is as you see fit.
Partyoffour717
Novice

Post by Partyoffour717 »

the error with my RTC is that it deleted all of its wallsets and resources i had to program the wallsets i have there now oh and thank you i will need something of the sort weather generator will be perfect! my dungeon is mostly outside half inside if you follow the storyline thanks again
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

You're welcome. :)

One thing you will need to set up, which I forgot in the current version of the weather system, is a silent version of the weather-related sound effects, so you can do a global swap over to the silent versions whenever the party goes inside/underground. The rest of the set up you should need to do with my weather model is detailed in the readme file included with the download. If you load my weather model up into the rtc editor, and then save it under a new name, you should have an outdoor wall set pre set up for you, as that's the primary wall set I used in the demo/testing area of the weather model.