[Custom dungeon] Underverse [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Saumun
High Lord

[Custom dungeon] Underverse [RTC] [Saumun]

Post by Saumun »

Version: 1.8
Platform: RTC
Author: Saumun
Date published: 2016, April 11
Date last updated: 2016, April 11

Notes:
Here is the link to my new RTC dungeon... Underverse!

I started it quite a while back and have been tinkering/changing/testing it sporadically for the last few months, but i've really hammered it over winter to get it finished.
I won't go into too much detail here... There is a Read Me with it that gives the background.
Any questions, feel free to pm me or post in the forum.

Download:
Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t3m1f ... e_v1.8.zip
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
the master
On Master

Re: [RTC] New Dungeon: Underverse

Post by the master »

Just come to a corridor where there is a lever on the left hand wall. Pulling the lever gets rid of a haze. There is then a black diamond button. To the right is a small corridor with a haze. Behind the haze is another black button. To the left of me is a black door. In front of me is another haze and inside the haze is another black button. On the other side of the haze on the left hand wall is a lever and in front of that a gate. I have pressed the first black button and another appears to have happened. Have I missed something here.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

No... You haven't missed anything.
Spoiler
You need to press all three black buttons to progress. The lever that removed the haze reactivates the pressure pads at the centre of the large rooms at the start. You must go back and choose another path. Each of the three paths lead to the haze/black button part.
Tip: The central path has the more direct route and is quicker to backtrack from.
I should have mentioned in the first post that the hint oracle is available for the first section of the dungeon. After that, you're left to your own devices.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Spoiler
I have now gone back to where the rooms with the pressure plates were. Stepped on one which triggered skeletons which I killed. I then noticed 2 corridors with them horrible cloaked wizards which I killed. Behind each one was a lever which I pulled. I noticed that this reopened the gate with the pit. Don't know if I was supposed to but I stepped into the pit which gave me access to a room with a room of hazes and 4 red hazes in each corner of this large room. With the mummies reincarnating I thought I had to get them to stand in the red hazes but they kept on walking away so obviously that's not right. I killed the large spider things behind the hazes hoping that I could then get to the levers but no go. So all in all Sauman still stuck. Oh I have been back to the other place I mentioned previously but no changes there. I have picked up an um tile.
Sambini
Novice

Post by Sambini »

Hi Saumun!

Upon Chaos_Shaman's request I have started playing your dungeon and I just want to start off saying that so far I think its great. I really like the back story and I'm looking forward to hopefully saving Aphalia! Also, I think the choice of picking up 1 of 4 items is really interesting and its exciting how the game is customizable based on what you choose. I don't think I have made it very far yet but I do have a couple of questions and notes for you if you don't mind :)

I'm not sure if any of this will be considered a spoiler so I will black it out just in case...
Spoiler
1. The first time I played the game I picked up my items (magic box, horn, dagger, crossbow (I'm sort of a newbie as you tell by my choices lol)). I then went through the portal and arrived at the level with the 4 rooms with floor switches in the middle. I killed all the creatures I saw (blue bug looking guys and the mummies) and at some point one of the doors in one of the rooms opened. It lead me down a hallway where I got stuck going around in circles over and over as I kept getting turned around I guess. Anyway I couldn't figure out where to go in that area and I couldn't get any other door open so I eventually restarted the game to pick different items. I'm wondering if I just reached a "dead end" in the game due to something I had chosen or was I missing something?
Spoiler
2. On my second attempt I picked different characters and different items (compass, map, flask, axe). Now when I picked up the axe it disappeared along with all of the other items in that area. I have a feeling I might have accidentally double clicked and dropped the axe causing it to disappear... I'm not really sure. It is so close to the start of the game that I was able to restart it real quick but I just thought I would mention it to you as it was confusing at first.
Spoiler
3. Lastly... I think I'm stuck! I have reached the part in the game where I have killed the mummies by having them step over the trip plate and then pulled the two levers in the room to open the door. I am now on the other side of the door, I picked up the sword, but as far as I could tell I am only able to go around in a circle? I ran around in circles backward and forward and tried looking through walls and a few other things but I have yet to figure out what to do next. If you could possibly help me out that would be excellent!
I hope you find my input helpful, I will continue to post about my thoughts if you'd like :)

Overall I think it is great and I can't wait to go further in the game!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

For The Master...
Have a look at Sambini's third spoiler covered part... The solution is there.

For Sambini...
The disappearing axe is indeed a fault. Thanks for spotting that. I will fix it.
As for the other parts...
Regarding your point 1:-
Spoiler
In the corridors where you're getting turned... once you have been turned, back track a bit and have a close look at all the walls. You'll find something to stop this happening.
Regarding your point 2:-
The map, flask, compass, and axe are wise choices... In my opinion the best ones to get at the start. The magic map can be especially useful in this dungeon. If you hadn't chosen it, you would eventually get it anyway... but better to have it from the start.
Spoiler
In the place after you got the rapier sword, there are 4 floor pads. There is another floor pad hidden in a wall. Once you've stepped on all 4, the wall will open briefly. You need to get in there quickly to step on the pad before the wall closes again. If you don't make it, you need to step on the 4 pads again to reopen it. If you check your magic map, you'll see where the hidden pad is so you can pick the shortest route. Also, it may be wise to be ready with your weapons when you do this (or have a couple of fireballs prepared). You'll see why!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Had a chance to play it a bit yesterday, found the same trouble as Sambini, all the choices had the error, at first I thought that was normal. Made it as far as Sambini. Hopefully today I'll get out of that maze. Lots of fun, thanks.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Now fixed and re-uploaded (in the first post). One of those things CS... Stupid mistake (that i must have walked past a hundred times without noticing). Simply didn't target a relay set... D'oh!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Spoiler
With the 4 pressure plates that open the wall to the 5th one. I know where the 5th one is. But it seems as if its only giving me one chance to open it. The second time I step on the plates the wall doesn't open. Is there somewhere to reset the plates so that the wall opens
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

the master wrote:
Spoiler
With the 4 pressure plates that open the wall to the 5th one. I know where the 5th one is. But it seems as if its only giving me one chance to open it. The second time I step on the plates the wall doesn't open. Is there somewhere to reset the plates so that the wall opens
If it's the same place you need to
Spoiler
go back, fall down the pit and step on the pressure plate one more time then fall down the pit again and try it all over, I reloaded to do it
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Right now I stand before a
Spoiler
gold keyhole, the hint mentions about a gold key, where the hell is it, getting hungry
keep your gor coin handy
Wizard Zedd
Expert

Post by Wizard Zedd »

Sounds like everyone is having fun playing Saumun's new dungeon...I want it :) Going to download it now.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:Right now I stand before a
Spoiler
gold keyhole, the hint mentions about a gold key, where the hell is it, getting hungry
Spoiler
Its inside the yellow haze. But you must find 4 round switches to bring it out.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Further to my previous message concerning the gold keyhole I think I may have been referring to the wrong keyhole that Chaos-Shaman mentioned. I think I am standing in front of the very same keyhole. I too cant seem to find the key anywhere either.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

yeah, not much time spent on it but am in the same situation, hint says , no further help is needed. Food seems to be a factor, wonder if 4 characters is a good idea? looks like with the high values of the three main stats, health, stamina and mana that perhaps only two characters are needed. The puzzles are tough, the map and compass seem important. Nice one Saumun.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
Okay guys... There are three paths at the start and all eventually converge. All three have a gold key somewhere, and a doors to be opened by them.
The central path that a few of you are in... You must have dropped through a pit before the mummy room to get to where you are. Check it again. Once you drop through the pit, step forward quickly before you drop again. You'll find the key around here.
Be aware that pits are not always simply traps. Some of them are, but some contain areas that are entirely necessary to explore (as with the aforementioned pit). Even the ones that are there purely to frustrate will sometimes contain food/goodies.
I think i maybe should've pointed out that this was never meant to be an entry-level, or even medium difficulty dungeon. It is as i intended... Big and tough! I don't say this to deter (obviously), but think it only fair to warn.
In other words... It's going to get harder.

@The Master... Regarding the 4 pressure pads. If you can remember, could you pm me the exact details of what happened (ie... which order you stepped on them, did you almost make it through the wall the first time, etc...
I ask because i've just run that part in test a fair number of times... stepping on the pads in different combinations and such, and the wall has opened every time. So i'm not sure where any potential problem lies.

Also... Gambit has edited the first post for me, so the original link now goes to the fixed version (where you cannot now lose the starting objects).
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

I am glade to see underverse published.
I did not finish testing this game, because I got too busy. The game is great, I enjoyed it as much as "Chaos mirrors" and "Dark Reign".

@Saumun, is there much changes from the test version I played ?
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Not hugely different in terms of layout. Almost all of it is the same, but certain smaller areas will be different (mainly in the centre part) due to some bugs i had to iron out.
I sent you a pm a couple of days ago... Don't know if you've read it.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

I had missed your message. I hope I'll find some time to go again in underverse.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Yeah, will have another go at it today before dipping into the sauce, another birthday get together supposedly. I think your clue should be enough, back later, Oh, like the new bar added on the left, wondering how in the hell you did that.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

CS... Do you mean for the shield spells?
If so, it's because i always thought it looked messy if you had more than one shield spell running.
I just replaced the bitmaps for each shield in Setup --> Graphics --> Interface.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I've advanced to the room with all the Wizards behind red hazes. Are they actually killable?
Spoiler
I have been going round pressing all the buttons presumably to remove the blue haze. Just wondering if the Wizards are killable whether it would be easier to get rid of them first. There seems to be a lot of buttons to find
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
They cannot be killed, but they're stuck in the hazes... so cannot come after you either. You do indeed have to find all the buttons and it is a large area.
It really depends on how you want to go about this part. They will only fire at you if you're facing them. If you're facing away or side-on they won't fire. If you're careful and use the map, you can actually do it without getting hit... but this takes time. If you cast a few fireshields, you can be hit a fair number of times before you need to rest. It's much quicker like this. There are ten in total. Six of them are in the rooms, so are easy to find.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Cool idea with the bar.
Found the gold key yesterday and didn't advance further, but I am worried about the food, might replay with two characters.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I have 3 characters and the food seems to be lasting well so far. Think I have quite a stock now but you never know what's going to happen later so I like to keep some in reserve.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Think these switches in the big room are beyond a stupid joke and I just feel like giving up right now. I have found 9 but searching for the last one in a room of this size whilst being bombarded with fire bombs is the limit. I have now spent 3 hours or more looking for one small switch. Ridiculous.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Having said that, what do I do but continue the game and run right into the last switch. Hallelujah.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

In the dungeons i have made so far, i've always found putting the right amount of food in as one of the hardest things to get right. Everyone is going to go through it at different paces, so it's hard to judge.
I honestly thought i had put too much food in this one. Testing amounts of food in your own dungeon is obviously not reliable, as you get through the dungeon quickly. I worked from looking at how much food i was having to leave behind and how much i had left at the end of each section. Typically around 75-80% of the dungeon's food would be left uneaten, so i reasoned that this would probably be enough for new players. This of course is only speculation on my part, but hopefully it will be okay.
Remember to check everywhere. There is food dotted about all over the place.

@The Master... The part you just got through was a 50/50 scenario area, decided by rapidly cycling silent triggers. There is another scenario in that part involving zombies, but there is no way of knowing what you'll get until you reach it. In another game you may have never encountered that part.
Still... Glad you're through it.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Can I have a clue for that pit pretty please.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
Do you mean the one that closes when you approach it?
If so, you are right to assume that you need to enter it. There are a couple of essential items down there. When you get down there... HINT:- Kill and check everything.
To the east of the room with the pit are five connected rooms. You need to find a lever that keeps the pit open. You'll also need a key to get in there (which is also nearby).