Conflux II Quest of Legend

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zyx
DSA Master

Conflux II Quest of Legend

Post by Zyx »

Narrate the story of your venturing on! This will give you some bonus points (from 1 to 10) to your "Quest competition" score.
Last edited by Zyx on Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I created this example based on a funny set of experiences I had playtesting (it kinda gets buried in the narrative though!)

http://www.dmjump.net/questexample.txt

But really, the better example is probably Gambit's response to mapping on this thread, near the bottom : )
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Are there any guidelines for the Quest of Legend? Does it have to recount all the completed quests? Or just one? Anything in particular or can I go to town and do what I like?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Just do whatever I think...it can be long or short, can touch on a main quest or just highlight a few scenes.. I think just as long as we get swept up in a story rather than see it as a player's diary of what they did : )
Go to town if you want and do everythign but quests : )

Personally I put the example I did to show what I would consider as a way to go (minus several parts that actually describe the game more fully and spoil bits, of course)
We're still feelign our way too with judging, atm it will be read by several people, given marks which are averaged, - so it's going to be a consensus anyway, hard to please peopel who don't know exactly what they want, juisty do soemhtign that you like : )
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hmmm... I've got a bit carried away. I'm on my third page of A4 and I've not even got out of the mirror room yet!

So do I have to send it only to judges or can I post it for everyone to see? It might end up being rather big, so it'll probably be in chapters!

I've only just read your quest example Fuzz face. Excellent stuff, good fun, and great characters! I'm no writer, so I hope I can make mine as entertaining as yours!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Well, here's my first couple of pages:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/matt_hill/ ... Intro).htm

I'm not suggesting that the whole of my QoL will be this detailed, but I want to give some background to the characters before launching off into the hack-n-slash stories... ;)

If this is going to be too much, plese say now!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I saw go with it...I think the idea was to submit to the judges then we would post to the forum, but zyx can clarify i guess

Who's available as judges, anyway?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

OOh, good start! Carry on, many many pages, as many you want : )
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

More, more, MORE! :D

This is an excellent start, Gambit.
As for the way of submitting the stories, I think it is best to submit first to the judges (at the confluxii mail), so we can avoid spoilers if necessary. Then we post it here with a rating.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

OK, well I won't upload any more pages publicly. I'll complete the whole quest story (this will probably take me a couple of weeks), and send it off to you guys for judgement! ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

weeks? *twitch*
how about a serial? : )
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I think all of our emails are available so simply send it if you're done and we'll let you know what the result is once we've read through the epos ;o)

Regards, PitD
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Here's the story of Ian Clark:
(WARNING: contains spoilers!)
Right, so you want me to narrate my adventure? Well, I'll keep it short, I can't be bothered going into much detail. Well, I started with Gando, Syra, Boris and Tiggy. Kept getting killed early on due to not knowing the spells but once I had got the hang, my characters advanced in levels quite well. I completed some of the quests when I least expected it to be honest i.e. The Dwarven Treasure, Lich Vecna. The Council was easy to defeat. Just a fireball or so here and there. I found the Dark Councillor the long way ("He who comes in peace leaves in pieces") the first time but I figured out how to defeat him fairly quickly. When I was playing as Leif, Stamm, Sonja and Halk, the characters could withstand the fall into "Pit D" so I could get him by going up the stairs. Anyway, his defeat led to the Cerberus and Prisoner quests being completed. I also got a Cerberus by discovering the false wall into the Council chambers and killing the Vexirk who says no. I did try and fight the invincible scorpion at the bottom of the tower for a bit but once I got him trapped in the room where the pit is at the other side I was sorted (never managed to get the door with the beholder in it open though...). Dragon Armour, right, I was quite lucky in The Emerald Forest because the Dragon was not far from me when I entered so I only had to go in a couple of times. The helmet was easy to find, the boots, well I never thought to try and walk through the rocks in Moria... and as for the shield, I managed it after playing with the knights for a bit, Invincibility spells came in handy. I got Circus Prize 99 easily enough, the egg chamber was easy to clear out. The Trial, well, the fireball holes bit was the toughest but I managed it in the end and Fiery Cerberus, well, enough said...
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Ahhh, I didn't know there was a thread for this. Nor that I was meant to make it into a story ;)
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Well, it's never too late to make it into a story!