Conflux II - game questions **SOME COMPLETE SPOILERS !**

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Conflux II - game questions **SOME COMPLETE SPOILERS !**

Post by iUSTINE »

Hi !

Well I got all main quests and I need to finish these subquests: future, fiery cerberus, precius, circus and bloody armour (I got 2 pieces - how many of them are there ?).

1) In Mines Level - there is some key and in another place there is a gold (?) coin - but I can't by any means get there (pits). Is there any possibility to reach them (is this key worth taking or is this only a iron key ?). If yes, can you tell me if the solution is on this level or somwhere else ?

2) Levity spell - a joke or not ? There is a parchment saying about 'magical nonweight'. That would be nice.

3) Any chance to create a powergolem without powergem (I used it to open a door) ? No idea how to escape flesh golem's trap too. And bone doll for bone golem ? Are these riddles provide something crucial for subquests ?

4) How many paths (in monastery) there is ? I get the parchement saying a got their wisdom but the door to the future remains closed. What about path of Ephesus - I jump into the pit but this is location I was before. I presume that there is need to be somethind done here ? ARRRGH ! My eyes are broken...my brain boiling.

5) The door in Moria (that one behind w. of. r) locked with strange key that I only got one piece (but I don't remeber what kind of key it is) and I used it also somwhere in Moria - is this key on the same level ? (the same key is needed to unlock the door on the path of emerald forest).

6) The riddle with rich and poor - that should be easy but I can't solve it - is this one providing something crucial for subquests or not ?

7) Precius - ARRGH - even Balrog hasn't got it. Is it in Moria ?

8) Fiery Cerberus - ARRGH - I got 2 pieces of Cerberus, but where is this one ? Any clue (which level)? I thought I would find him in room with coins and crystals holes - but not. There was something about a sorcerer... but I am more powerful than him :) Where is that coward ? :)

9) Food - I think that soon I will have a problem - I ate all meat from dragons etc, and even these supplies form 4-rounded niches somwhere in the dungeon are running low. Any not ending resource in the dungeon ? The spell with water is good, but better one would be with food.

10) Any small clue what to do with circus game ? 'Win the circus prize 99'... hmm. I tried to throw this parchements with prizes (?) on Lord Grey, I tried even to make 99 turns in right (LOL). What is this 'proper key' I need to throw ?. And I can't safely led these Vexirks on the other side. I took all these items manually. Do I need to led them safely for any remain subquest ?

11) The "shrimp" riddle - Christ... -> is this crucial to any subquest ? I can't solve it. My brain is fixed or something. I believe will finally beat it, but I am running of time. AARGH!

This dungeon is killing me. I am serious about it. But I need this 140 points :) I nedd to finish that dungeon soon or I lose my job. ARRRGH !
Last edited by iUSTINE on Thu May 27, 2004 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
All in the golden afternoon,
Full leisurely we glide...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Heh, I played this for weeks and got loads of enjoyment out of it. I did receive a few little clues from one of the playtesters, but like him, I wouldn't want to give it all away. So here are just a few subtle pointers for the bits I know:

1) Don't know.

2) Can't remember

3) Powergolem: don't know; Flesh golem: don't know; Bone golem: You really would be cursed if you created one. I don't think any of these are crucial, just fun 'mini-quests'

4) Wisdom: Think about it. Ephesus: Don't know -- never seemed relevant to me.

5) Oooh, can't remember that one. Will have to check.

6) It is easy to solve, but doesn't quite work as you might expect. Non essential.

7) Probably

8) You'll probably find it when you least expect it.

9) The council members were always hungry.

10) The prize for the game might be found when you've thrown the correct key. I wouldn't want to spell it out for you.

11) Don't recall anything about shrimps...?

Heh, I wasn't very helpful, but wouldn't want to spoil it all for you...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

1) I'm sure you can ignore them
2) It's a riddle, not a levity spell. It's not a crucial one
3) You do need a powergem for a power golem, and the flesh golem trap may well be escapable. If so zyx's solution's tend to always be logical and obscure and yet obvious after the fact! None of these are more than fun things to try out.
4) You have the parchment, you got the wisdom - just think about it again infront of the future machine door and you'll get it.
5) And yes, you have missed out on that secret 'bonus' area by using the key in the other place first. Future versions (or maybe the newest one) may let you earn the key...
6) That riddle isn't crucial - let it stew in the back of your mind and you may get the answer.
7) Yes. Keep looking...oh, it's not called 'the precious', but you should know it when you find it
8) Cerberus isn't related to creating a feiry cerberus. Gambit can sit smugly there, as he managed to find it. As he said, when he least expected it. Don't let it worry you, and don't bother to actively search for it.
9) Indeed, the council level - stay on for a while and you shouldn't have to worry
10) : )
As for the vexirks, not a major quest or sub-quest
11) Shrimp? where! i'm confused too and i've playtested it ALOT
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

beowuuf wrote:11) Shrimp? where! i'm confused too and i've playtested it ALOT
If you aren't joking there is a demon face in Temple level (in Retirement room) talking to me that I am a puny shrimp :). So - probably I need to put something in that stupid face (or maybe I need to look like Vexirks ;) - by putting on their capes, because the face 'bows only before equal to him' or something like that.)

I don't remember anything connected to shrimps (I'm from Poland, the only shrimps I saw in life was something in pizza :)). I'm searching net about shrimps. I hope this is not a hard cultural oriented puzzle :).

This riddle with future door was simply indeed. Now I have a pain in my ass with all these bones. Do I need 'one color' team ? :)

What do you mean about future versions ? Is this mean I can't open this door of this 'somebody' (I don't remeber name of that Dwarf) ? I hope there isn't The Precious behind. But still the same key is needed to unlock the door in emerald forest corridor. So there is a bug and future versions will have one more key of this ?
Last edited by iUSTINE on Thu May 13, 2004 1:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Charlatan75
Apprentice

Post by Charlatan75 »

Hello :)

Hmmm... to help you I would ask :
In which circumstance can you see someone that is exactly your equal? ^^

Charlatan75
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Charlatan75 wrote:Hello :)

Hmmm... to help you I would ask :
In which circumstance can you see someone that is exactly your equal? ^^
Charlatan75
O h m y G o d. Obvious. M e s t u p i d. Crying now. DAMN SHRIMPS. What a disaster. Thx.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

1) Not important. But if you want to know about this key and coin, they came from a flood from a level above.

4) 2 paths, leading ultimately to the same wisdom.

5) Version 0.k should fix that in a few weeks.

9) I personnally use the Rat nestle in the cellar, the temple stores, or the Canteen (from time to time).
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Blimey, I really wasn't very useful was I? ;)
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Gambit37 wrote:Blimey, I really wasn't very useful was I? ;)
:) DAMN SHRIMPS. Anyway I was going to put into that face anything I have, so eventually I would do it. Also I was in this opened location before (but I didn't noticed a pit behind fake wall with keyhole and wall text - of course I don't know how to read it without falling :)). Or maybe I have just opened this pit with a key before.

I have this problem, that I don't remember where I was. Maybe I got the precious too and I don't know that :shock: This is a ring I presume ? I put all my rings somewhere on the floor. I really don't need them. I play this dungeon more than month and almost all the stats of my heroes are near archmaster level. BTW - isn't it a bug - inserting an egg into a 'lair' of spider can quickly (about an hour of cliking) give you an archmaster of ninja ? Or slashing not movable 'Lord Grey' in captain's barracks ? IMHO it is too easy to advance in this way.

And one more - that door that I can't open in Moria becuase I haven't got the key - on the other side is the corridor of emerald forest ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah, THAT shrimp...no, just means you are tiny compared to gim - lol, I hope you learned alot googling shrimps!

Yes, if you kill a certain creature with a ring, the text will read 'no, my precious!' when you step there...a sort of echo of his last words...

The egg is a bug - it should give you a ninja experience boost (you've found something, so you get a bonus) but that particular one doesn't switch off - it's fixed in later version 0.i onwards i believe

The moria door - no. It's a few more areas of moria that link back to to moria again
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

iUSTINE wrote: Or slashing not movable 'Lord Grey' in captain's barracks ? IMHO it is too easy to advance in this way.
I'll try to fix that. Maybe if Paul implements some DSA triggers when monsters are attacked.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

No, don't fix that! It's the only way to get a Cursed party up to speed quickly enough! ;-)
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Gambit37 wrote: The prize for the game might be found when you've thrown the correct key. I wouldn't want to spell it out for you.
Done it. Simple, but need to watch more carefully on one particular graphic around and connect it with these words.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

beowuuf wrote: Yes, if you kill a certain creature with a ring, the text will read 'no, my precious!' when you step there...a sort of echo of his last words...
Ta wall says: "No... my precious... stolen..."So, I understand that this mean I have found it before (and maybe used all charges and put somwhere on the floor). Am I right ?
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Paul implements some DSA triggers when monsters are attacked
What are we trying to accomplish here? I don't think it
would be too hard to specify, for each level of the dungeon,
a message that would be issued whenever a monster
is attacked. The message could target a DSA or any other
message receiver - such as a Pit. Some information about
the attack could be left lying around for examination.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Don't worry, I already found a workaround for this case.

The idea was to react to an attack, triggering a mechanism (could be useful for "pacific" monsters like giggler and lord grey)
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Anyone wanna give me a hand with "The Circus"? once traped there its possible to get out? The correct Key? wich one? throw it to who? cannot find any sense at the other circus games, its possible to Kill the dancing mummy and the demon? save the slaves: its this crucial to complete the dungeon?

its the key circus somehow refered to those scrolls i found when I freed the giggler? (circus prizes)

Thanks in advance...
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Even if you were 'naked' there is still a possibility to escape from circus. Just do what they want.

I killed dancing monsters. Just few minutes of bombing with fireballs. Don't know if they are crucial. I doubt it. Also I had no reflex to accomplish 'save the slaves'. This is IMHO not crucial to any subquests. Think about brutal force if you want the goodies.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Becoming a bit of a 'standard' response this, but getting out of the circus isn't hard. I wouldn't want to spell it out for you.

Post by Guest »

Gambit37 wrote:Becoming a bit of a 'standard' response this, but getting out of the circus isn't hard. I wouldn't want to spell it out for you.
Mr Gamit :) - did you manage to find all the dragon armour set ? It looks for me that unfortunately not (scoring table). I am getting worried that maybe with this standard heroes- Zed, Iaido, Gando and Leif it's impossible to find a Dragon Boots. Or maybe it's somwhere behind Hollin Gate and B. said there is no more Sapphire Key in dungeon :(. Can anybody confirm or deny it?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I have found all the dragon armour but bits and pieces in different games. I need to play a complete game to get all the bits in one go, then I can send off my record! :-)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

it doens't matter which champions you take, but it does matter sometimes if you close off your options so you can't get to an area

i think i hinted that you needed to restart a game to get the dragon armour quest, though i was tryign not to be too obvious about it : )

i think zyx was planning on having a second sapphire key available after 0.i, but ven then i also think he was plannign on it being tough to get
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Really? I couldn't get the Shield without using one particular champion and his special item...
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

beowuuf wrote:i think i hinted that you needed to restart a game to get the dragon armour quest, though i was tryign not to be too obvious about it : )
I just didn't want to hear it, believe it. It's very very sad :(
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Strange, I just went back to an old saved game to get the Dragon Shield, and I can't seem to do it. I'm certain I got it before. But it doesn't seem possible as you can never get 'behind' the thing you need to in oder for the secret to remain open. Weird...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Duh, never mind, I was being silly and releasing TWO helpers which makes things impossible.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

i think i hinted that you needed to restart a game to get the dragon armour quest, though i was tryign not to be too obvious about it : )
No, I don't think so... Look, iUSTINE, I just checked once again:
there are 2 saphire keys in versions 0.i and further. You found one. The other has a powerful guardian in the moria. ha ha, now I guess you'll need to map this maze after all :)
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Zyx wrote:
No, I don't think so... Look, iUSTINE, I just checked once again:
there are 2 saphire keys in versions 0.i and further. You found one. The other has a powerful guardian in the moria. ha ha, now I guess you'll need to map this maze after all :)
Well - you mean Balrog or this creatue behind that door that is opened with R***. I hope it is not any of them. In each case I killed it and there was no S. Key.

I used ascii dump. I think that I have a problem. When I started playing Conflux II it was 0.h. Then I changed to 0.j but with the same save games. When I look in my save game ascii dump now, there is no S. K. left. When I start a new game with 0.j there is indeed 2 S.K. So - I think I am cooked up. DAMN SHRIMPS !!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

g****t - i agree the **** of **** carried by ____ is damn useful, but it shouldn't be the only way to get the b£$%^d ****** ***** to move so you can manouver around - oop, nm, read you next post!

jUSTINE - yes, your saved games are always the version you were playing - the new graphics.dat file will affect the game, not the new dungeon.dat unless you start a new game. I apologise, i got confused abotu releases, and forgot this point was mentioend for 0.h, not 0.i : )
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

yes, you're right -- this time round I found a **** which had a ******* and ******** attack and that also works just as well as ****'s ****** *****.

:) :)