Conflux II - game questions **SOME COMPLETE SPOILERS !**

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

also, form what i can recall then three doors are interconnected, and nothing of significance is hidden behind them
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Yep, very clever tyrick; also Moria its a very tracherous maze, I had to map it all with zokatra spell, untill now I saved the SK, just in case, I dont want to be trapped :wink: (that sucks Iustine, sorry to know you needed to restart).

I dont know why I have this ugly sentation of being trapped in Moria, there must be a paht I havent followed yet..., somewere.... I think...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

moria is very easy to be trapped in - a map of the surrounding dungeon, or at least trying to superimopse the moria into the rest of the dungeon, should providee clues
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Just a hint -- there *is* a way out of Moria and it's quite near the way in... but you need to open a door and cross a bridge to get there

As for the club puzzle, I tried every object I could find and nothing worked. However, it's not essential -- it's just a collection of doors that make it easier to move around the XYZ maze by adding a quick shortcut.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

It'a quite easy! What can destroy a metal but can not destroy a wood ? And it can be essential (if I understand Zyx proper, that behind these doors is a 'quardian'; I played for the first time version 0.h and there was a quite powerful monster), if you need a second S.K.

EDIT: It's not essential. The reptile Zyx is talking about is quite larger than this :twisted:
Last edited by iUSTINE on Thu May 27, 2004 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
All in the golden afternoon,
Full leisurely we glide...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Doh! Yeah, I got it now. When I reached that door, I didn't have the necessary object, and hadn't yet seen it, so didn't know it existed.
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Some Questions About Moria:

First of all, I must say Moria was a very nice maze at first glance, the skeleton near the pit was a very nice detail that remindme of the movie (LOL), exploration keeped the expectative level high due the lot of doors and rooms to explore, and few obstacles to sort.. BUT... as soon you realize the nature of the maze, desperation starts...

1) Im not sure if was actually in Moria, but i think I saw a guy with a sun tan and a robe with a cape who smiled me and shoot me some fireballs, since my party was weak and hungry, I told him: "wait here, Ill be back in a moment" is he actually in Moria or some levels ahead? I think afther seen him I found the precious and smaug the dragon, but now I cannot find him to acomplish my compromise.

2) Interesting things I found in Moria: the ring, 1 piece of dragon armour, some keys; anything else special to find here in Moria?

3) The only way out I can imagine by now its "Knock Friend and Enter" but as the first time i saw this riddle, I have no clue; this letters carvings puzzles its one of the things I cannot figure out yet, same happens with the circus.

Thank you for your Hints guys...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

that wasn't moria, that was the dark chancellor - he's a different quest, and you must have fallen into moria accidentally after meeting him
you need to escape moria to face him again

umm, not really - lots of gems, if you have the right characters some atmospheric details - it's just a fun area, but you have the one thing (the dragon armour) that you might want for a quest. there are one or two areas like smaug and the balrog that are just nice encounters

knock friend and enter is the way into moria. and it is differnet to the circus puzzle. the circus puzzle needs you to undertsand the writing...you may find the knock friend and enter the letters are less of a clue

the two ways out of moriia - the easiest is to explore everything, i mean everything from the start of the level. Every corridor, stair, pit, etc - you should find your way out then. the second is found by answering a riddle
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

When I come back with p.g. to level 0 the door leading to the guilds closes themselves. Well - if I put the p.g. on the floor before entering the level 0 I can still access it. But once it closed it remains so. Interesting. When once closed - is then still a possibility to acces the guilds (I don't remember - maybe some teleporters) ? Is this p.g. from d.c. crucial on level 0 - is it activates anything or something like that ? Yes or no will do the job. I play with one hero now but when I finish all quests again, I will try some other heroes, but I need the access to the guilds in the future.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

iI's for the end of halk - opening a new guild - and he has a pg too - so if you have the pg, then you shouldn't be able to roam wild and complete the dc quest instead
of course, this means conversely if you get the pg fro mthe dc, then you can trap yourself...
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Thanks Beowuuf; i was be able to escape from Moria with the last riddle to acomplish there; Now im facing the Dark Chancellor and have some technicals questions:

1) First of all, that guy its killabe right? cuz its harder as a pack of gollems, I trowed lots of Fireballs, poison clouds, Melles, Chops, Punchs, etc. and the guy still there :shock: (it reminds me the Scorpion in the manpag tower)

2) Theorically, a spell trowed to a Teleporter will travel in it untill reach its destination; its there a possiblity for these spells (trowed by my party and from the dark guy) reach untill the councill and make some damage?

iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Kliber wrote: Now im facing the Dark Chancellor and have some technicals questions: First of all, that guy its killabe right? :wink:
It's quite killable, but not by standard methods. Or find the Oracle and she will tell you about his end.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There's a build in hint called 'the oracle' close by - i will say no more on the dark chancellor : )

and yes, there is a possibility for the thrown spells to hit the councillors - there is also the possibility that the councillors that the teleporters lead to, that place you in the trial of innocence - are just a teeny tiny bit unkillable
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

beowuuf wrote: there are lots of council members, and none can be fused and that person that looks like the grey lord...he's a councillor too.
Well, I wonder why the Council isn't represented graphically by Lords Grey but by Vexirks. It would so nice to kill L.G. instead Vexirks.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

he doesn't have attach graphics nor side views, so you would just have this floating beautific faced person making you hurt - or you can have the cool new vexirks giving you a good kicking : )
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Emerald Forest: its needed to stay there for life? I mean, I got this "Thing" that was holded by that "other thing" its there anything important left there?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

unless you are playing with a very special party, then once you got that thing that's all you need to do - you just have six chances to do it, each longer lasting
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

The game its Crashing :( , dunno why; I have saved it in the level bellow "Sudden Death" where the verxis its; and a teleporter. (Still wondering if those 2 grates can be opened) I cannot walk few steps there and.. there go... I can teleport and walk more time, but, it crash again, any idea?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Define crashing, is there a message, a windows error, do you get the BSOD, etc - also, which version of conflux and csbwin are you using?

Old CSBwin versions support less monster generation and crash, older versions of conflux II had unlimited generators on certain levels - that's the biggest proble,m, when these two were combined. For a long game the engine can run ou of monster slots and it crashes
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Oh, it's been a long time since we didn't have a crash report.
Which version orf Conflux II are you playing?
Which version of CSBwin are you using?
Can you send a savegame at confluxii_AT_yahoo.com?
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Ok, crashing as the window error pop up: "This Aplication has performed, blah blah and will be closed blah blah"...

Im using the CSB version that came with the ConfluxII package: 9.6v5

Conflux II v 2.0

Running on Windows XP, 256 Ram, 64 megs Video.

I was playing the game with no problems untill now...

A saved Game was sent to you Zyx

Thanks...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

sounds like zyx is on the case : )

For future reference, there is a further version number for conflux II (v2.0 is conflux II, as the original v1.0 conflux dungeon was for PC DM), such as 0.h, 0.i or 0.j, which displays when you first start the dungeon, and should be attached to the file you download
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Oh! yep, forgot that, release 0j 8)
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Zyx forwarded your dungeon to me.

I don't generally keep the source code for older
versions of CSBwin. So there is not much sense in
my trying your dungeon with that version. So I loaded your
dungeon with version 96Plus22 which is posted in
CSB17Levels.rar at dianneandpaul.net/CSBwin.

Your dungeon has over 8000 weapons lying around. Most
seem to be on level 10 at 18,09 and thereabouts. CSBwin
starts to discard objects when their number exceeds 8000 and
perhaps that is where the problem occurred. That code gets
very little testing.

But I wandered around for a very long time and the code
happily discarded about 1000 weapons and nothing went wrong.

So......if you can cause a problem with CSBwin version 96Plus22
then maybe you can provide a recording to make it possible
for me to reproduce the problem.
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Well guys, sadly I must say that: I talked too Fast! :oops: Zyx sent me my fixed Saved Game, and seems that the history continues :wink:, Im very surprised by this community suport, its amazing! :shock:
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Well, so far Im stucked with a lot of keys in two chests and some doors I cannot open; gonna give another (yep, yet another) walk to the whole dungeon in searh of this mysterius doors:

1) So Little strengh and so much power... the riddle seems to be very logical, but, I cannot figure it.

2) The door of answers, yep, an answer its what i need :roll:

3) These 3 or more doors inside a room I opened with this "special shinny object" and in where i suspect its this "valuable thing" im looking for, there its a scroll that say nothing to me "Thorbadin Doors" or sorta like that....

4) These rooms full of guys that remind me that "bad Guy" I meet years ago, I suspect that I can get the weapon used to kill them, but Im just guessing they cannot be killed with the usual fireball and chop-mele style, any hints here?

5) When I read "You killed the council, now what you gonna do?" that means I fullfilled that quest, right?

iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

"1) So Little strengh and so much power... the riddle seems to be very logical, but, I cannot figure it. "
Well, you need a proper key :) Look on the door :) Sometimes you don't need to put the 'keys' in the niches too.

"2) The door of answers, yep, an answer its what i need (...)"
This one is nice - connected with two fountains one the same level. One gives you something, and one ... :)

"3) These 3 or more doors inside a room I opened with (...)"
Well, the text on the scroll is connected to the way of opening these doors (This T. guy is a master of **** - the mines level, remember ?). You just did it.

"4) These rooms full of guys that remind me that "bad Guy" (...)"
I guess that none of Lord Greys, Lord Orders and other not moving council members are killable.

"5) When I read "You killed the council, now what you gonna do?" that means I fullfilled that quest, right?"
Yep.
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

thanks a lot Iustine!!!

Indeed, those 4 doors are opened in a very unusual way :shock: , but now I wonder if I got this valuable thing from the Dwarves or not, so far I need those green boots and the so called Treasure in order to complete the subquests (oh my god, I have a webpage to Update an a Videoclip to edit!!! how I would guess I were to get hooked by this game, again..) :P

LOL!!

Ill be back, later...
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

lol, no problem, play it, let your brain boil a bit ;). And BEWARE of SHRIMPS ! :)

And a dwarven treasure is connected to some numbers, rigt & left sides and danger :).
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, shrimps are easy, i personally will never forgive the BLOODY FISH!

and yup, like being in love, you will just know you have the dwarf treasure *well, except with the dwarf treasure you will actually get a scroll saying 'this is our treasure'* : )

and do you have a feiry cerberus, out of interest?