Conflux II - game questions **SOME COMPLETE SPOILERS !**

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

I have a FC, but Zyx gave me a not-so-little clue after I had a right hypothesis where to find it/start looking. So I will give the same clue anyone who will have a proper theory about him. I think it will be honest.
All in the golden afternoon,
Full leisurely we glide...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I must admit for no good reason I didn't think to look for the feiry cerberus where it was, zyx had to not so subtly hint to me too

lol, may as well leave zyx to hint or not on it - it's the last hurdle for many people is that guy
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Heh, I tried and tried very early on to find a fiery cerberus, and I just couldn't manage it, but much later when I had forgotten about it, it suddenly appeared out of the blue. Just before that, I had thought the only way I was going to find it was to cheat.
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

LOL, I got the FC just by boredom , no needed of any hints, I was in this "all conected thru tricky paths dungeon" and I just wonder some things I noted when I got the flask for first time, I must say that Zyx Hidded this FC in a very clever place, good one! ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

did you spot the hint in the dungeon? that's what, in the end, got me the cerberus - asking about that hint when playtesting, not realising it's connected

"i've tried this and this and this...i think that biots broken"
- "did you try thinking liek this..."
"... ... ... BLOODY FISH! etc"
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Well, I see Iustine have his SHRIMPS and seems you have your BLOODY FISH, heheh, no, I havent noted that hint, there its so many stuff writen in carving Walls (like in the monastery), in Scrolls, etc. That I just ignore some of them, of course, some of them still a mystery to me (like the rose, the mud and cant remember what else in the Temple in front of this painting where the Onix Key its used, the answers door, and some others) I use to "brute-force" the dungeons: walk everywhere, stop in the puzzles, try every possibility that comes to my mind, if that doesnt work, just walk away to the next, and so on...

...and I think I walked a lot so far, the Dwarven treasure doesnt seems to appear anywhere, and the boots the same, Im about to give up in these quests :cry: like Iustine said, my brain its boiling!! :shock:
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Take a couple of days brake and start exploring again.

Dwarven treasue is connected with some numbers, left and right sides and danger. :) Look more carefully on carvings. What is the best place to look for this clues ? THIS is a DWARVEN treasure.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, there is also another evil reason why you might not find the dwarven treasure...

you are probably more likely to find it if you are mappign the area - otherwise you will find it if you find it, and you won't it you don't
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I still have no idea what all this talk about Bloody Fish is! As for the Fiery Cerberus, my comment above -- if you know about DM history -- is a very big clue on how to find it! It was carefully worded as such.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

beowuuf wrote:did you spot the hint in the dungeon? that's what, in the end, got me the cerberus - asking about that hint when playtesting, not realising it's connected "
I spotted this hint with F. but I was fixed with o.k. and g. that I didn't have. Zyx needed to tell me something like that: "just look more carefully THERE, don't explore whole dungeon".
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

indeed, i looked up the meaning of a word, so was convinced of the ok, b and g too! unlike you i had them
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Some strange things: in the level below the High Guardian (the golem surrounded of open-close pits), there its a gigler (that appears to be indestructible) and a unoperable buttom in a hole in the wall, the giggler seems to step in a sorta of buttom (I hear click) but I cannot kill him and the pit that block me the way to him and that room, doesnt closes. Do I wasting my time here?

Moria, Im back to that level (by the way I hate it, those tracherous stairs and invisible gay teleporters :evil: ) be good guys and tell me if I need to dig more there... (EDIT: FINALLY! I found another way in Moria!!!, I was really avoiding this level, heheh!! nice trick with the chests by the way :wink: )

Thanks
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

This giggler: don't waste time with him. I'll put some text in next version: "the forgotten god"
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Well, THATS ALL FOLKS!!! :lol:

Been There done that:

Get an empty flask = It took me some time
Meet lich Vecna = nice lair
Kill the mothers of the egg chamber = it remind me Alien the movie
Get a cerberus = Unexpected Item, it growls.
Gain the precious = Good Touch, LOTR flavour
Get the dwarven treasure = I was almost to give up in this.
Survive the Trial = Proper selection, twice innocent :wink:
Win the circus prize 99 = Never gonna forgive this.
Get a FIERY cerberus = Surprise!
Go to the future = Very nice touch.
Obtain the whole dragon armor = well Hidden boots.
MAIN QUESTS
Get the Crown of Kings = my first great achievement
Free the prisonner of the treator = Unexpected, I though the DT was there
Destroy the council = sent them down to hell

Great Dungeon!!! a love-hate relationship in the last days :roll: ; Thanks to Zyx, Beowuuf, Iustine and Gambit, obviusly, if wasnt by you guys, Im sure never finish this dungeon, great support!!! My complete review and my quest of legends this sunday-monday...

IM FREE AGAIN!!!!!!!!! (back to work and deal with real life, looking forwad to play another grat dungeon like Conflux II)

My saved game was sent to you Zyx.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, hearty congratulations!
look forward to the quest of legend

other dungeons - conflux II is fantastic, but both imprisoned again and the tower of chaos are worth a look, i reckon
rain`
Artisan

Post by rain` »

after beating conflux II, i actually wrote a c program that took in an asciidump.txt and created graphical maps out of it (snicker, encrypted enschrimshed). I notice a LOT of areas that I did not go to, and was wondering if these areas i speak of are accesisable only if you have a certain member of your party with you. I cannot find ANY way into these places except by use of character-specific items. BTW nice touch on the mines, with a map its quite interesting =].

-rain`
rain`
Artisan

Post by rain` »

also, i know your against releasing the unencrypted dungeon but I really think this dungeon is not a hair shy of a masterpiece! Custom quests, massive subquests, multiple endings, multiple quests... And the puzzles (like moria), are killers! With every masterpiece comes those who wish to master it =] But first, now that i have 'maps' im going to conquer the quests in x moves competition (snicker).

-rain`
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

you've seen the maps, i believe you just pushed yourself out of the minimal moves comp for now...

there may be a seperate section for people who have seen the dungeon through an editor

and yes, there are several endings only doable by various head guild characters. Other areas you may have just missed a clue
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Hello Rain, I'm glad you tried this dungeon since it owes you so much (I used a lot your tools).
The way you obtained the maps is cheating: it would be unfair to the other challengers to allow you to enter the competition in such conditions.

However we could add a "complete spoilers" area with maps (yours for a start, and Gambit's ones are awesome too), and some competions/movies, as long as each challenger is on the same ground with the same chances.

Also, there are several secrets in the game. A player who finds one could challenge the others to discover it. (ie, the ending with the cursed party)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I found that ending -- very clever indeed! You have a great imagination, Zyx!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Here's another secret: there's a protection against not using the correct graphics.dat. Did anybody find it?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

yes, it throws you into comp...nah, that's too obvious : )
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

there's a protection against not using the correct graphics.dat.
CSBwin already forms a digital signiture of the graphics.dat file so that
record/playback can be assured of using the correct files. Perhaps it
would be a good idea for the designer to be able to specify the digital
signiture of the grahics file to be used by an 'encrypted' dungeon design.

Post by Guest »

yeah i just found your secret ending of misplacing graphics.dat files (but you can still load a saved game with the new graphics.dat file =]

I also found the bug in the compass where east points west and west points east =] (very annoying, facing north, turn right, and it says your facing west!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

the compass bug: I just checked and it seems to work correctlt.
I hold the compass, facing north:
* it is written "NORTH" and it points to the north, right ahead.
I turn to the right, so I'm facing east:
* it is written "EAST" and it points to the north, which is on the left.
rain`
Artisan

Post by rain` »

it seems the bug is actually in my forgetfulness on how to read a compass. hahahaha =]
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

:)

digital signature of the graphics.dat : yes, it's a good idea, I would use it if you implement it.

Okay, just to keep you the players occupied:
do you know there is a way to revive Gando with 2 corbum and another way to revive Zed with 2 staves?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I was not aware of the gando one....interesting....
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Zyx:

I posted CSBuild142.rar and OverlayDemo.rar.

They contain the graphics.dat signature capability.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Thank you, I'll try them in the next days.