Conflux II - game questions **SOME COMPLETE SPOILERS !**

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

beowuuf wrote: iUSTINE - yes, your saved games are always the version you were playing - the new graphics.dat file will affect the game, not the new dungeon.dat unless you start a new game. I apologise, i got confused abotu releases, and forgot this point was mentioend for 0.h, not 0.i : )
If I knew how to decrypt a save game and add a hex for this S.K. I wouldn't have to start again. I think it wouldn't be a cheating ? :roll: I killed this guardian anyway and even mapped the moria... with zokathra spell :D
All in the golden afternoon,
Full leisurely we glide...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Why do you need to sapphire keys? There's only one in version 0.h and I'm fairly sure I didn't need more than that. One key hole doesn't swallow up the key....
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Gambit37 wrote:Why do you need to sapphire keys? There's only one in version 0.h and I'm fairly sure I didn't need more than that. One key hole doesn't swallow up the key....
Interesting. In my case it swallowed the key. I think it is a problem with changing versions of CII during the play. I found one s.k. in Moria (in. B. tomb) and used it in the labyrynth of Moria. The second one is needed as far I know for H***** G*** in Moria. And if I understand Zyx and Boewuuf right it is crucial to dragon boots.
Last edited by iUSTINE on Mon May 17, 2004 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Like I said, one of the keyholes doesn't eat the key... at leats, it doesn't in version 0.h.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Anyway - it's to late for me. I have no s.k. Maybe this keyhole in H.G. doesn't eat the key, but this second one did it for sure in my case. Well - sad true - I have no means for getting the s. key. I will restart the game.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

You're absolutely right Gambit. The other keyhole do eat the key, so if you try it first, you'll need the second saphire key.

The guardian is not the balrog. It's more reptilian.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Zyx wrote:You're absolutely right Gambit. The other keyhole do eat the key, so if you try it first, you'll need the second saphire key.
The guardian is not the balrog. It's more reptilian.
And this second s.k. is only in 0.i and above. And my versions of save games are 0.h. This reptile didn't give what I need. Bye bye S.K. Bye bye Dragon Boots (?).
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

As far as I recall, Hollin Gate leaves the key in your hand, so you need to do that one first. And yes, you're right -- part of the Dragon Armour (I forget which) is beyond that path, in the Upper Amouries. If you've already used the key at the Bridge of Khazad Dum, then you've no choice but to start again...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, well, modify that 'possible spoilers' tag to 'complete spoilers' i guess : )
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Gambit37 wrote: If you've already used the key at the Bridge of Khazad Dum, then you've no choice but to start again...
Cruel, cruel Zyx ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

at least you found it right away, i don't think i realised there was anything there for a version or two!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Ah, sorry, but seeing as we'd got that far it seemed logical just to give some clarification.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

just teasing, but it's probably a good idea in retrospect to differnitate threads that have clues and and hints to those with explicit how tos : )
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Morpanthrax the immortal god of Venom; its that Scorpio REALLY Immortal? must be a joke, I have spend like 2 hours and a chest full of dragon meat and still cannot beat it, common! its there a way to circunvent this?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I don't recall needing to get past that scorpion, just turn around and go the other way...
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

heh, I just realized the way to pass over it, by coincidence; now Im curious to know if its really inmortal; too bad that my party is starving now :x
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I don't recall exaclty the solution, but I'm fairly sure it was easy. Looking at my maps there doesn't appear to be any problem with this passing this scorpion. Has anybody else had problems here?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As to his immortality, there is a way to make unkillable monsters in CSBwin - so don't doubt this may well be so!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Yes, believe the carvings...
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Yep, was easy indeed, a detail that scaped cuz I always focus in killing all on sight to let the path clear in case I need to walk it again; I also noted that some characters have their own quests (like Halk and his armor), so I will resurrect Gothmog since I read in Conflux documentation something telling about not to do so :twisted: heh! lets see what happens... too bad I dont have room for Wut se, since Im playing with Zed´s Clone :cry:

By the way, something that still keep my curiosity: in the Moria gate its supossed to spell the word "friend" touching the letters carvings in the wall in order to open the door, this word needs to be in Elvish????(like in the history) cuz i cannot remember the word... (common, dont make me read that passage of the LOTR again!)
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Kliber wrote:I also noted that some characters have their own quests
Yes, indeed. I've just started playing with Iustine, Gambit, Charlatan and Antman. But there is no room for Kliber :cry: ;).

When you play Conflux II you need to think and watch in almost every possible way. Bu remember about game mechanics too.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Beware zyx's twisted humour, the deceiver, the snake... : )
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Talking about Twisted humor; WTF its that invisible monster(s) in the Emerald level that hit so freaking hard (275 i.e) its that Killable or its just another immortal monster?

EDIT: Nevermind, Invisible Golem on Steroids, Killable.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Heh, it's quite killable -- just trap it in the door with a freeze life. It's not so tough, and once dead you'll discover what it was...
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Well Zyx, a forest full of poisonous trees and a dragon in the middle doesnt seems to me like a good Idea :evil:

BTW, I wonder now if there is a Chaos in Conflux II to fuse (maby there are about six or seven of them) :P
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, then don't buy a house there! I like the emerald forest, it seperates the weak parties from the parties that can, for example, stand around all day swapping blows with a freakin' dragon while constantly being barraged by spitters!
All while a song is constantly churning around in your head, perhaps

and lol, there are no chaoses! nooooooo
there are lots of council members, and none can be fused
and that person that looks like the grey lord...he's a councillor too. shhhhhhhhhhhh
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

The elvish word for friend is "mellon", I think. Of course, this clue is completeley useless :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Heh, that emerald forest can be quite tough, especially with a cursed party! The trick is to save some Mistral Gusts for it, and make the best use of the shorter journeys to clean up before you stay there for life.
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Here ist a riddle: "Break swords of the best steel, beats even the best chain mail, but cannot defeat a club" some doors in Moria are closed with this riddle, Im sorta tired of walking, some one can give me a clue? (I know the riddle its very clear, but cannot find the answer, yet).
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's an item, one you may have come across already, and an item that is not usually found in dm/csb