Conflux II: My progress so far. MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Conflux II: My progress so far. MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Post by Ian Clark »

Well, I've been playing this the past couple of days. Hers is my progress so far

SUBQUESTS
Get an empty flask 3 points
Done

Meet lich Vecna 3 points
Kind of taken me by surprise. There it was...

Kill the mothers of the egg chamber 3 points
I did this quite early on

Get a cerberus 3 points
Gain the precious 4 points
Not done these yet

Get the dwarven treasure 5 points
This also took me by surprise.

Survive the Trial 5 points
If this is with reference to "The Great Tribunal" then I've done it

Win the circus prize 99 6 points
Not quite sure. I do remember being in a room full of circus prizes

Get a FIERY cerberus 8 points
Not done it yet

Go to the future 10 points
Nor have I done this

Obtain the whole dragon armor 15 points
Got SOME of it

MAIN QUESTS
Get the Crown of Kings 25 points
Just done this now.

Free the prisonner of the treator 25 points
Not yet

Destroy the council 25 points
This also took me by surprise, there I was with my characters announcing we were above the Council room. I cast freeze life, hurled a couple of fireballs and poison spells around the room and that was it.

So I guess I have secured 64 points; possibly a little more...

Can someone answer me one thing though... what the hell am I meant to do in the room which says "Knock Friend and Enter". I've spent hours in that room. Am I supposed to be carrying a specific object or something?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

it's a reference to lord of the rings...now factor in zyx's sense of humour and you may realise the answer is something completely different than you think, and is quite straightforward...

you haven't got the circus prize by being in the room with the scrolls, but it's a scroll liek that you are lookign for when you solve the game that the council watches

anyway, nice to see you around and congrats on getting so far with conflux! : )
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I'm past it now. There was one thing I didn't try.

Not got past the future door yet, I have a feeling the answer to that is staring me in the face too...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, the wisdom thing you will ahve probably found and not realised it!
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Ahhhh, I'm in there now. Is that as far as it's meant to go though, just the altars? And what's with the room called "Chambers of the Council" containing The Oracle and the rooms above it? There seem to be rooms beyond some of the walls but I can't get through.

Let's see
SUBQUESTS
Get an empty flask 3 points
Meet lich Vecna 3 points
Kill the mothers of the egg chamber 3 points
Gain the precious 4 points
Get the dwarven treasure 5 points
Survive the Trial 5 points
Go to the future 10 points
Get the Crown of Kings 25 points
Destroy the council 25 points
= 83 points. I don't think I'm doing too badly. I'll be sending saved games in soon for evaluation.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Hey, good to have you back on the DM scene!
Yes, reaching the altars and glancing at your future is enough.
The Chambers of the Council are mostly for ambiance. But they can lead to a main quest.
As for the room above, I'll chek it, I don't rembember it!
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I know that if I pass the "Big X" I will end up in the Council Underway (on a main quest) but there is obviously something beyond the room containing "The Oracle"...

(I might have meant the room below :oops: )
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

There is a door with a rare lock in the Chambers of the Council. I guess you didn't open it. Are you playing with the sound on?
The stairs descending from the Oracle lead in a room near the end of the Emerald level, so it's a nice shortcut. From there you can reach the Sudden Death or the High Sentinel.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I went up the stairs from the Emerald level... I've used the one rare key I got from killing the council earlier on. I haven't come across another one just yet.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Ahhhhh, sorted it. And someone just had a little fall... :lol:
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Meet lich Vecna - YES
Kill the mothers of the egg chamber - YES
Get a cerberus - YES
Gain the precious - YES
Get the dwarven treasure - YES
Survive the Trial - YES
Win the circus prize 99 - YES
Get a FIERY cerberus - NO
Go to the future - YES
Obtain the whole dragon armor - NOT FAR OFF
Get the Crown of Kings - YES
Free the prisonner of the treator - YES
Destroy the council - YES
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I'm still working at getting the Dragon Boots, shield and a Fiery Cerberus. I think I am missing something in the Moira bit. I got the Precious but am wondering round in circles and there are lots of closed doors.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

you will find that many of the doors you are meeting from both sides, if you map

other doors require riddles to open

moria is very confusing and circular, the best thing to do is find ways out so you don't die there i always found : )
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

With a certain key you probably don't have anymore you could find some good equipment beyond a secret passage, in the Moria.
According to the version you're playing, you could find this key elsewhere in the Moria. But the guardian is powerful.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I THINK I have the key in question, I read about it in another thread.

Also, what's with the door (I think it is above the spider level) with a gold keyhole but no key to match?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

All the gold locks I know need a golden key. Maybe you already unlock it? Can you be more precise about where this lock is?
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Above the level with the spiders on, behind it is a set of stairs going up (I cast the window spell) and there is also a trap nearby whereby if you stand on the pressure pad too long a pit opens up. I'll have a play in a bit and let you know what else is near it
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I managed to open it from the other side, it is above the room containing "The Cruel Pit", the lock only works from one side by the looks of things.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Ok, lock identified. Thank you for the report. It seems I already fixed this bug a long time ago in version k. It only could be opened with lockpicks in version j.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I've done everything except for find the Fiery Cerberus. I am assuming by the points value it is easier than going to the future or getting the Dragon Armour as well as the main quests. I have got 2 standard Cerberus' though. Any hints anyone? I've searched the areas I've opened quite well but still no avail.

Oh and what am I meant to do when playing as Halk and returning the Power Gem to the Guilds? The door closes and locks me in...
Ian Clark
Um Master

FC

Post by Ian Clark »

I have just managed to get one after reading the other posts... very, very clever! You are not getting away with this one :lol:

Hang on a second, I don't appear to have found a Dragon Sheild...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

you are supposed to walk back to his mirror

the feiry cerberus is very sneaky!

and the dragon shield...umm, it's obtained when you sole a puzzle...any you haven't managed to figure out yet, that's where to start...
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Ow, there a was a bug left. You were supposed to bring back the gem together with the dark armor that you just destroyed... I fixed it now, but you'll have to try version k to know the ending... Sorry for that.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Hmmm, there is a door of near a fountain of that I haven't managed to open, though judging by the Window spell, the Dragon Shield is not behind it... I am fairly certain I have done the others. Unless it is obtained in a similar manner to the Fiery Cerberus...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

nope

eh, since it says it's a spoiler thread, if you want to look for a puzzle to do with knights generating somewhere....maybe some pressure pads in a corridor.....
Ian Clark
Um Master

done

Post by Ian Clark »

Done! Saved games on the way...
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I just used the Crown of Kings and the Bone Doll on the Dark Councillor...well, you know what happened. A couple more questions though:

On Mophus' quest, the lord thanks you for defeating demons. I don't remember fighting any Demons at all, just Rives, Munchers, Fire Pits and a Vexirk. Also, Mophus mentions the queen of the Muchers...is there another ending for him?

There are pits above the Plane of Legions, is there something I am missing above this level?

There is a coincillor locked int he council prisons, towards the end. Is there a way to get to him or is he just there for show?

When you land in the room with the Giggler and all the circus prizes, if you walk down the corridor, there is an invisible wall with a door behind, is there a way to the other side of the door?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I just used the Crown of Kings and the Bone Doll on the Dark Councillor...well, you know what happened.

Clever! In fact I removed this ending for the following version because I couldn't add a text explaining what happened with this ending. I only left the ending with the cursed guild.

On Mophus' quest, the lord thanks you for defeating demons. I don't remember fighting any Demons at all, just Rives, Munchers, Fire Pits and a Vexirk.
Good point. Those monsters are supposed to be the demons, but I guess it's not very clear... Maybe I should put a demon or two?...
Also, Mophus mentions the queen of the Muchers...is there another ending forhim?
The backbone of the Queen of Muncher could give you a useful weapons against the "demons" ahead...

There are pits above the Plane of Legions, is there something I am missing above this level?
No, they're just for decoration.
There is a councillor locked in the council prisons, towards the end. Is there a way to get to him or is he just there for show?
Just for show, eventually misleading to believe he's the prisonner of the dark councillor...
When you land in the room with the Giggler and all the circus prizes, if you walk down the corridor, there is an invisible wall with a door behind, is there a way to the other side of the door?
By invisible wall you mean illusionary? Or invisible teleporter?
By walking down to you mean downstairs or southwards?
I couldn't identify the place you're talking about.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

The backbone of the Queen of Muncher could give you a useful weapons against the "demons" ahead...
I don't remember finding this, will have another look.
Quote:

By invisible wall you mean illusionary? Or invisible teleporter?
By walking down to you mean downstairs or southwards?
I couldn't identify the place you're talking about.
You can drop down a pit near the Council room, the pit where you drop the scroll down as your request for an audience, if you go down it, there is a Giggler who thanks you for killing him, in the room are a load of scrolls with a circus prize number on them (like the one you get for 99). If you open the door and carry on walking along the corridoor, there is a set of fireball holes, this wall is an illusion and behind it is a closed iron grate that does not open by force and there do not seem to be any buttons associated with it. It looks like there is a text on the wall on the other side.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Oh, yes, the room of illusions... I forgot this one. I think you're the first to discover it.

There is a "button", very near.

Note: this giggler is the Archiver : )