Is List of Dungeons still updated?

Links to all custom dungeons. Also discussions about custom dungeons: tips and tricks, questions, ideas, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Uther
Novice

Post by Uther »

Is this list still maintained.?

Many links appear to be broken.

Uther
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I am migrating the dungeons to the new site, so this is breaking the links to the old forums...
You can find the migrated dungeons here: http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=view/CustomDungeons
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

And where possible yes, the list of dungeons is maintained (see the time stamp on the thread)... but it's a long list so no one of the adminsd will have the time to check all the old links work. People tryign the downloads and tellign us if links are broken in the list thread is how to report it
Sabreman
Craftsman

Post by Sabreman »

Would it be possible to have some kind of note stating which version of RTC works best with each dungeon? Some are noted in the Readmes, but several don't specify which version they were created for. Sophia noted elsewhere that Reactor doesn't work properly beyond 0.23, but I can't get it to load into 0.21 (my earliest and only version I have in the 20s.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's an idea, if you can post what you klnow already and when people have time they can post what they know and it will get added.

The goal is to have the dungeons fully backwards compatible but yes, there are dungeon suffering from problems that can't be rectified without a re-compile, and some people aren't around to re-compile. At least beget included the .txt file which let someone recompile the dungeon

Note that dungeons tend to only work with that version - as it would use features in the engine at that point, and until 0.28-ish here was no backwards compatibility either. So reactor needing version 0.23 won't work with ones before or after unless they are just bug fixing versions, and there are some backwards issues that meant later versions than 0.28 can break a dungeon
Sabreman
Craftsman

Post by Sabreman »

I've managed to gather this information:

023 - Reactor
032 - Deep Dungeon
034 - Vexkirk / Escape
037 - Surgical Strike
043 - Dark Portal

I don't have version info for:

Taurog's Lair
The Rookery
The Arcane Study
Unidane
Chiefy Dungeon
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

My dungeons still work fine!
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Sabreman wrote: I don't have version info for:

Taurog's Lair
The Rookery
The Arcane Study
Unidane
Chiefy Dungeon
Chiefy Dungeon is very old and I'd guess it'd be somewhere around 0.23... 0.28 had some degree of backward compatibility, so you could try it in there, too.

As for the others, I think they're 0.34 dungeons.
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

Luckily quite a few old versions of RTC can still be downloaded, see http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=25946

Oh and Angel's Egg was last built with 0.38. Haven't tested it with 0.43 yet but it should be OK.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Des wrote: Oh and Angel's Egg was last built with 0.38. Haven't tested it with 0.43 yet but it should be OK.
I wouldn't be so sure.

It's a fairly complex dungeon, and lots of mechanics seem to have broken in the meantime. :(
RicochetRita
Novice

Post by RicochetRita »

I received an error in 0.43 (& 0.42) with Deep Dungeon. Whenever I try to save, it crashes me back to the desktop.

Anyone know if this has been recompiled?

-R³
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I do not believe so, sorry

Old versions are avalable by typing in the alternate filename into the RTC website